Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tips for a Healthier and Happier You!

Posted in: , ,
I got the following guidelines in my email and want to share with you. I'm still struggling with some of them, but from the few I already practice, I know they definitely make me healthier and happier. I shared all on tweeter yesterday and my followers loved it and asked to see them in full. Feel free to share.


Health:

1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow ON trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured IN plants..
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2010 .
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep at least 7 hours per day.
10. Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, smile.

Personality:

11. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts on things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner of his/her mistakes in the past, that will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree...

Society:

25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70, and under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.

Life:

32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isnt useful,beautiful or joyful.
34. God heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is,it will change.
36. No matter how you feel,get up,dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come......
38. When you awake alive in the morning,thank God for it.
39. Your innermost is always happy,so be happy.

LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST:

40. Consider forwarding this guide to those you care about.



28 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'll make every effort to follow these guidelines.

    I especially love that part about spending more time with people over 70 and under six. They're the happiest and wisest.

    Thanks for sharing, Myne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I will try to work on some of these.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me think!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the post as always gets you thinking.
    Loved #36 especially, it goes to show how people are still living, so no matter what, one needs to face life head on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!!!

    I've emailed my collegues

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah I got this at the beginning of the year. Good stuff! I actually saved it as a note on my phone so I can remind myself often. Good job sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this. Esp all the points under society.and # 36, always dress up. Ive been sick for the past days and not cared how I looked like, today that I fixed my hair and dressed up, even though I am not better, I feel better :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's difficult to not agree with any of these. They make absolute sense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Myne...y do u update when I'm asleep? pls wot time zone r u in?.

    I was up till 2am this morning n I refreshed my dashboard 4/5 times to see if u had updated. I NEEEEEEED chapter 2 of a love re-kindled....NEEEEED....lol

    Maybe, I'd stay up all night, tonight
    Dear Maid of Heart, Vera, etc...pls flee in 7 ways, lol....I need chapter 2, or cud we make a deal? wink wink...we'd form a team...lol

    I'd cover the night shift, u guys can pick btwn morning n afternoon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love number 36. It helps u deal with number 22.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice indeed! I'll share it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks all, it was lovely receiving this email and I just had to share. Glad you liked them too.

    @H, lol...I actually schedule my posts so often I'm also sleeping when they go up. I am on the American Pacific time but I vary the timing of my posts, for US, Naija/UK and Far East readers. I'm glad you want to read more of A Love Rekindled. Next post coming soon.

    @Maid, please choose from chapters 1 - 35 and I'll send to your email. Thanks for commenting and following.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow really great tips! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice one...great guidelines.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Am saving your tips girl...wow! Very inspiring ...love ya girl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice, But I have to comment on the 'Eating' one. You have to eat small meals (your fist) at any time, eating 'like a king' is just not good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are really hard to implement, but definitely true.

    Once I read number 1 I was like dang!!! i forgot to drink enough today.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great list! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Gamine Girlie, the size of your fist? LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these tips, especially the need for familial support and contact. I think that VERY important. Gosh...I can't believe how much I've missed reading your stuff! I feel like i can hear you in my head when I read it....fab writer x

    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hiya Crusader,

    Love the tips. You sound like a very awesome interesting person.


    Hope you have a great day.

    *Cheers*
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  22. Me likey a lot....

    Very practical too.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.