Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogger lost my post!

Posted in:

Sorry if you commented on a different post. That wasn't ready for the spotlight yet.

I noticed that blogger has been having problems since yesterday when I couldn't do my blog rounds or post comments on my own blog. When I got email notifications of comments here, I clicked over and noticed that blogger has mixed up everything. They lost my post, and put up a draft. Even half of the comments on the last two posts are gone!

My apologies while I try to get back my post. I composed it all on blogger here so it's not on my system. Remind me never to do that again. Any idea anyone on how to recover it?

_______________

UPDATE - From Bloggers Blog




Blogger is back

What a frustrating day. We’re very sorry that you’ve been unable to publish to Blogger for the past 20.5 hours. We’re nearly back to normal — you can publish again, and in the coming hours posts and comments that were temporarily removed should be restored. Thank you for your patience while we fix this situation. We use Blogger for our own blogs, so we’ve also felt your pain.

Here’s what happened: during scheduled maintenance work Wednesday night, we experienced some data corruption that impacted Blogger’s behavior. Since then, bloggers and readers may have experienced a variety of anomalies including intermittent outages, disappearing posts, and arriving at unintended blogs or error pages. A small subset of Blogger users (we estimate 0.16%) may have encountered additional problems specific to their accounts. Yesterday we returned Blogger to a pre-maintenance state and placed the service in read-only mode while we worked on restoring all content: that’s why you haven’t been able to publish. We rolled back to a version of Blogger as of Wednesday May 11th, so your posts since then were temporarily removed. Those are the posts that we’re in the progress of restoring.

Again, we are very sorry for the impact to our authors and readers. We try hard to ensure Blogger is always available for you to share your thoughts and opinions with the world, and we’ll do our best to prevent this from happening again.

Posted by Eddie Kessler, Tech Lead/Manager, Blogger



16 comments:

  1. I also lost a post I put up yesterday and most of the comments on my previous post. Blogger says it is working to restore all the blogs, don't know if this is a temporary problem or they are going to solve it and put them up. Let me know how you retrieve your posts, if you are able to. I also work directly in blogger and keep no copies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've looked through my posts and so far nothing appears to have been altered/deleted, but it looks like not everyone was as lucky as me. :(

    Thanks for including Blogger's message about the 20.5 hour maintenance. I was wondering what was wrong! I was worried for a while.

    ~TRA

    http://xtheredangelxblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed that blogs i had commented on had gone missing...including one of yours. Luckily tho, i don't think i lost anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you had such difficulty. I know when a blog goes down it is so frustrating. I'm glad to see you are back up now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Nana, fingers crossed for now. I really hope they can restore it.

    @TRA, I'm glad it was useful for you. I was worried too when I saw what was happening.

    @Random and Ciara, thanks. I'm glad you escaped the worst of it. I schedule a lot of my posts and their maintenance must have cut off at a point I was working on setting up posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was also worried when my blog was not found, but after few hours it came up losing 3comments...i wanted to update but would wait, thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pain! I noticed a comment is no longer on my latest post. Imagine that, just when I was ready to post new stuff...lol.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Myne, I actually thought it was only my blogger refusing to open until I read through their status then I rested.

    Sorry to all who lost their post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea, blogger has been real naughty. My last post disappeared and appeared today with all the comments gone :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Ibhade, Curvygirl and Enybee, It almost spoilt my day after an otherwise great start.

    @Kitkat, I'm still hoping they'll bring it all back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blessings......

    I lost some of my comments on my current posts because blogspot.com was doing updates. As a result i placed and apology on the bottom of my post. It is all I can do because I didnt want my valued friends to think I disregarded their comments and point of views.

    Take care and stay blessed.
    Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Rhapsody, that is very good of you. I'm still hoping the comments are returned.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not posted for a couple of days then I do 4 posts over 2 blogs and have lost the lot. Hope they get them back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ehen I was wondering why I couldn't do my blog rounds yesterday too. Thank God none of my posts got missing. Sorry to those who lost their posts, hope you all get them back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blogger was being such a diva. I didn't loose any posts though so whew. Sorry about yours

    Adiya
    http://thecornershopng.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.