Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How to ensure other bloggers can follow you back

Posted in:
Hi everyone, hope the new week has started well?

Today, I'm sharing a blogging tip. This it is something I had come across quite a number of times and never knew how to get in touch with those involved to let them know. You see, new people join my blog regularly and most times, I want to check out their own blogs and see if I want to follow back. What I usually do is to click on their profile picture in my followers box and follow their linked blog back to them. While the curious part of me wonders why some people have locked profiles, I just assume they do not have a blog most likely.

But I'm really frustrated when the follower is not linked to any blog at all. If it so happens that they've allowed to receive mail from blogger, I'll send them a welcome and thank you message. Depending on how much time I have then, I might also check out the recent blogs the person has joined to try to track them. One thing that makes it easier is when they leave a comment, either on my blog, or on one of the other ones. Unfortunately, I don't have that luxury of time, or the follower just doesn't leave any crumbs for me to follow.


So, when Nicole at One Significant Moment at a Time blogged about this, I knew I had to share. There is a way for you to make sure that the blogs you follow have an easy way of following you back by clicking on your picture on their followers gadget.

Here’s how you verify:

Go to your blog and under your About Me, click “View My Complete Profile.” Either action will bring up your Blogger Profile, as others see it. Under the heading “My Blogs", is your blog listed?

If the answer is no,

- Click “Edit Profile” on left margin, under your profile picture.
- On the page that comes up, check under the “Privacy” option to find “Show My Blogs.”
- Click “Select Blogs to Display.” (You may have other private blogs that you don’t want others to see, so remember to choose the blog you wish to display.)
- Save your changes.

It’s important to realize that Blogger doesn’t always default to linking your blog on your profile. It’s a great idea to verify that your blog is linked, so people can follow you back.



17 comments:

  1. This is a timely piece myne.I have been thinking of ways to drive more traffic to my blog.Every of the points you stated is noted.Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myne,you have done blogsville a great favor.I mean,this is an issue for every blogger.Lots of people who follow me don't have links to follow back.I hope they get to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes a lot of sense. Some people are following me but they never leave comments so i find it hard to reach them. This should help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a very useful tip. I have often faced the same problem trying to follow other blogs back. Thanks a lot for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome lesson ma. Thank you for sharing :)

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I read this post, I went to make sure my profile showed my blog. This was such a helpful tip.

    Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Myne, I've also encountered similar problem. Only recently a fellow blogger joined my blog but there wasn't any link back to him/her. I went to great lengths, even searching on Google but all I got was the blog has moved! It was strange. However, I also believe it goes beyond that. Sometimes it could be for a variety of reasons that people don't follow or leave comments.

    I would like to think when you join a blog and you're active, it's only normal to expect a reciprocation. Unfortunately, this isn't always the case but I'm not sure why that is. Perhaps issues you blog about are not their cup of tea or they have lots of blog round to do, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always wondered why some people do not leave links on their blogger profile. Guess some of them do not actually own a blog. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing ma'am. I just updated mine.


    naijabankgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the tips, Myne but I'm listed and I only have one follower, though some people suscribe, it would still be nicer to know that you have actual followers.
    So is that why I didn't get a welcome mail from you ;) I still dey wait o (pout) Lol.
    Thanks once again x

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...good tips for Blogger users, I'm waiting for the wordpress version of this post o o :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks guys. please follow mine! i follow back :) http://www.blogger.com/profile/13691991599288919811

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice tips Myne! They will really prove useful to a newbie like me. Meanwhile check out my blog and let me know what you think!

    9ja-dejavu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanx I absolutely love ur advise. Will try it out

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is a nice one...and thanks.. follow my blog at https://news4thenow.blogspot.com and also https://andreyyte.wordpress.com.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the tip Myne!

    Pls follow me @
    www.virtuosity19.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.