Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I found love in a way I could never ever imagine - Real Love Story

Posted in:

This post was sent in by Atoskin of Life and Living Blog. She really enjoyed the Real Love Stories last February and wanted to share her love story with my blog readers too as a testimony. Enjoy her story;
I met "my timekeeper" as I fondly call him through his uncle. His uncle and my mum attend the same church so we have known them over the years. As a matter of fact, his uncle and my mum belong to the same society in church. After my last bloody break up, I decided that I would take my time and let God choose for me.

I visited my mum on a particular weekend so I worshipped at her church, "my former church". After service as usual, I greeted every body who knew my mum and I.

When the weekend was over I went back to my house to get ready for the week. Sometime during the week my mom called me and said she had gist for me.

She told me that a particular man in our church who belongs to the same society as her called told her that he wanted to borrow something from her. She was confused as she didn't know what he meant. Eventually, he spilled the beans and said that he wanted to introduce his nephew to me. So my mum gave him my number and asked him to speak to me.

I found it very funny and I was excited at the same time. I patiently waited for his call but it never came through until two weeks after. Before the call came through, My mom would call me and at the end of every conversation, she would ask me if he has called and I would say no. At a point I had to tell her to stop asking and I told her that she would be the first to know when he calls.

I took my mind off the phone call and continued with my life. Then on this fateful day, I forgot my phone in the office and by the time I got to work the day after, I saw two missed calls from an unknown number. Let me say here that I do not return calls from numbers I don't know.

Well, before the close of work that day, my phone rang again and it was that same number, I had a butterflies in my tummy as soon as i saw the number. I answered the call, boy, I was happy!

He told me he wanted to see me in person so we fixed an appointment.

We finally met, and he asked me a couple of questions; the first question he asked was "Are you in a relationship"? And I said no. So he started by telling me about his nephew, his past relationship and how he has promised to get him a wife and how he thinks we are compatible and then he made a comment that really made me blush, in his words, he said "If I was still single, you are the kind of woman I would marry". I couldn't help myself from smiling stupidly. That was the nicest thing someone said to me in a very long time.

He went on and on, and I must confess that I already started "jelling" for this timekeeper I hadn't seen or met. I then asked for his full name because I wanted to check him out on facebook as soon as possible.

Eventually, I checked him on facebook and I liked all I saw so I just kept calm and waited for his call. He added me on facebook and called me a day after.

That was how we took off, he doesn't live in Nigeria but was he was coming home for his sister's wedding which was to take place in about 8 weeks from the time we started talking. We started counting the months, then the weeks, the days and when it got to the hours, I started getting paranoid.

We enjoyed every minute we spent together on phone, we talked about anything and everything. I prayed about us and I asked God to perfect all that concerns us if we are truly meant to be and He did!

Finally he arrived in nigeria but we couldnt meet until the day after. Our first meeting was magical, we were so happy and it felt like we had known each other for years.

I attended his sister's wedding, met his parents and all his siblings and I was amazed at the love they all showed towards me. It felt too good to be true.

He asked me if I would marry him and I said YES!

I'll paying him a visit in a couple of days and I cannot wait to be spend the rest of my life with him.

My timekeeper will always be a constant reminder that God loves me so much. He indeed makes all things beautiful in His time.

P:S Many thanks to 9ja foodie for inspiring me to want to spoil him with food. You are really a blessing!

Atoskin Sweeti.



27 comments:

  1. Awww...how cute!
    God makes all things beautiful in its times!!!

    Congrats :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....There is nothing as good as meeting the right person at the right time, Love itself is beautiful. I wish them the very best. Congrats..X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely true-life story. Who needs fiction lol! We do!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Who said LDR's dont work! It does jor! Blessings to you and your "timekeeper" jare Atoskin! May the Lord indeed perfect all that concerns you.

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! If this was fiction i'ld criticise it and say it's not possible but the ways of God are beyond human understanding. I pray He blesses their union. Thanks for sharing Myne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful story! I hope you both have a happy ending; seems like starters to me though, after 2 years together pls come back and update us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww.... Thank you all!

    @myne: You are far too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmmm,this is a very nice story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. surely there is a RIGHT time.
    wish you joy and happiness Atoskin.
    Happy new year Myne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute story. All d best my twi-bestie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. kinda sounds like the story of Isaac and Rebecca in the bible.. :)

    I wish you and your timekeeper all the best...

    Please don't forget to do marriage counselling as it is very important, I trust that is in the plan :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol @ aloted!

    Wish you the very best Atoskin, beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. Congrats and all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awwww how cute,nice LOVE story indeed.wish you both the best.we all pray to meet our 'timekeepers' lol.update us o

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful love story. May God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Reading these stories, one can't help but smile. Romance doesn't have to be complicated to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwww...now you wanna make me dream. Loved this. Especially the part about getting his full name to check him up on Facebook. Facebook has really become a bank of sorts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Am very happy for dem,unlike me dat met ma bf in a situation lik dat bt I cheated nd messed d whole love story up nd nw his refusin to even fogive me bt I love him sooooo much!!*cryin*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful story, made even more beautiful by the fact that it's true, and not fiction. I pray you enjoy every minute of your union together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awwwww I love this story. Nice one

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.