Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Bouari Weight Loss Experience Day 13 - What I'm eating

Posted in: , ,

This will be a short report since it's not been so long since I updated. Not much has been happening but after our grocery shopping this last weekend, I've been able to switch up my meals and I'm loving it. There was this particular recipe in the booklet that was new to me and which I wanted to try. Except in the occasional Greek lasagna, and the usual fried, scrambled and boiled eggs or omelette, I hardly ever use eggs in cooking. So Huevos Rancheros sounded like just the thing.

It was a simple enough recipe; with a little olive oil, stew some onions, tomatoes, chili, and bell peppers together for about 20mins. Spice to taste as you cook and then pour everything into an oven dish. Make holes in the stewed vegetables and crack in your eggs (you can use only egg whites too). Preheat oven to 350F and bake for 15 minutes. It turned out awesome and has a place firmly in my repertoire of dishes.

Cantaloupe

Pomelo

In other news, how come I've just discovered Cantaloupe? This is one great fruit. So, I'm quite conservative when it comes to fruits, I have my favorites like Bananas, oranges pawpaws, cherries, pears, watermelons, strawberries, grapes and sometimes apples. Mostly Bananas to be honest. But since I've basically cut out Bananas from my diet in the meantime, I have to be more open. That was why I added Cantaloupe and Pomelo to our fruit list.

Well, if your taste is anything like mine, and you enjoy sweet and juicy with a bit of crunch, you'll definitely like cantaloupe. I cut up one on Monday morning and we just finished it, absolutely fantastic. The Pomelo grapefruit? Maybe not so much. I think I'll stick with lemons and oranges on that one. :)





16 comments:

  1. The Pomelo looks juicier on the outside than the Cantaloupe. To think of it, its my first time of hearing of such fruits. All the best in your weight-loss programme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does, the Cantaloupe has a hard rind, but a pulpy inside.

      Thanks, Micheal.

      Delete
  2. I hear cantaloupe juice tastes like breast milk. Pomelo looks very orangy tho. So how's it going? Have you started seeing changes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breast milk, hmm...I don't know about that, lol...

      Changes boku o, all round. I share some weight and inches loss in my next update.

      Delete
  3. oh man! Just made someone hungry with that plate of delicious-looking dish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks quite lovely. I want. Errrr like breast milk? Yikes!

    Adiya
    Muse Origins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... I'm also wondering if it really does taste like that.

      Delete
  5. I dont like the look ofthat fried egg veggy pix. looks too healthy joo. All the best with the diet. Cant believe its already day 13. Tried pomegranate recently. loved it. Will look out for pomelo. I'm up for new tastes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...it is very healthy, lots of veggies. Thanks Ginger. I like pomengranate as well, but the way to eat it! :)

      Delete
  6. I never hear dis one before o.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can remix your recipe above by adding shrimp Tlto bit. Awesome.good job with your diet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Honey. And shrimp sounds like it would be a nice addition.

      Delete
  8. The fried egg looks interesting...does it fill you up though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it did. It seems my tummy is already shrinking, and half what I used to eat will be usually enough for me now. :)

      Delete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.