Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Time Out - My Memorial Day Weekend in Pictures

Posted in: , , ,

With Monday being a work-free day for Memorial Day, it was a proper TGIF and a long weekend for us and we used it to unwind.

- On Saturday, we went to a friend's for a small get-together with great food, drinks, and very interesting company.


When did I last see Vita Malt? Not my favorite, though.

Loads of Naija music video including some new finds for me

New and old friends, awesome women!

The non-Nigerians were engrossed :)

- On Sunday, we went for a drive up a hill not too far from our place and the view at the top was worth it. Most of the houses in that area had wrap-around windows and you could see why. Then we found the perfect spot to take pictures. Atala has credit for that first pictures at the beginning of this post, I just love it.

No comment!

A street with a view

Simple serenity

Our city in the distance

wheeeeeeeee........

I love swings, I do

In touch with my inner child

- On Monday, we chilled out at home and watched a marathon of the TV show, Revenge . We missed a couple of episodes cos we were out and then decided to watch SVU on the rest of the days. But after the mind-blowing season finale on Revenge, I think we may chuck SVU to second place come next season.

This is an amazing show, highly recommended.

And so it's back to the grind again. How did you spend your Memorial Day? And for those in Nigeria, what are your plans for Democracy Day?




32 comments:

  1. Nice pictures.Strangely enough, my memorial day also involved swinging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, now you have to put up the pictures too :)

      Delete
  2. awww, i like the pictures of you on the swing and your afro is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures. Good to see that you are having fun...

    And I LOVED the Revenge Finale... I think it was the best this season... I may be wrong though...

    Good to be back here... Missed your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey harry, it's been a while. Glad to have you back too.

      Delete
  4. lol i love how the non-nigerians were engrossed with the naija movie:) the scenerey in the very first photo looks a lot like something you would see out of Germany/Austria strangely enough.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, this area is not too different from northern UK and some parts of europe, same latitude, I think. I sure love the pine trees :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pictures. Never heard of Revenge. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's a nice show set in the Hamptons and based loosely on The Count of Monte Cristo. Check it out.

      Delete
  6. Awwww... you look very happy with your fro.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the swing pictures! Democracy day was spent with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so little and cute lol ^_^

    I spent memorial day with my face in my books...smh. i only leave my room to go to the bathroom, eat and go to school. study study study. *sigh*

    Nice pics though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahha...Thanks Ngo, that picture has a lot to answer for :)

      Delete
  9. No holiday for us here :(
    Nice afro Myne and great scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger, I think the UK has enough bank holidays as it is :)

      Delete
  10. Looks like you had beautiful weather up north. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The past two days have been great indeed.

      Delete
  11. Vita malt?! Myne i can't remember the last time i saw one.It's sure looking like it was fun all the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. it seems to be a Nigerian party staple hereabouts.

      Delete
  12. naija drinks was the first thing i thought



    You look cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drinks just took me back to naija :)

      Delete
  13. Great photos! Looks like a fantastic weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol...while you were celebrating memorial day in the US...we were celebrating children's day and democracy day in Naija.

    Nice pictures...makes me wanna hit the outdoors again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to do that, it's so refreshing :)

      Hope you and your family had a great weekend of celebrations too?

      Delete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.