Thursday, May 17, 2012

Unconditional Love - Tribute to Donna Summer

Posted in: , ,
Donna Summer, the disco queen, passed away today after a long battle with cancer. "Summer [was] known for her many hits, including "Hot Stuff," "Last Dance," "She Works Hard for the Money" and "Bad Girls," among many others, and won five Grammys over the course of her career.Born Donna Gaines and raised in Boston, Summer began singing in her church and decided to pursue a career in music in the late '60s. After performing in musicals in Europe, she released her first single, "Sally Go 'Round the Roses," Aol Music

Getty Images

Most of Donna Summer's songs had the disco trademark tune and who can forget classics like She Works Hard for the Money, Last Dance, I Will Go With You, and Unconditional Love? I Will Go With You is a powerful ballad, full of soul, and my type of music, but Unconditional Love left a lasting impression on me from way back when. Donna Summer collaborated on it with Musical Youth, and the songs has one of those catchy tunes that stays with you long after you've finished listening to it. And then there was the video with small children who back then were around the same age with my siblings and I. You can imagine that we memorized the lyrics of the song and performed it on one or more occasions.

Donna Summer was 63 years old. May her soul rest in peace. Though she had her share of the troubles of fame, she will forever be remembered for the amazing voice, talent and beauty she shared with the rest of us.


What man
you know it's a bright and shiny day.
I want to say something to you
I love you just like ja do.
We know a place
where ja's people can run free

A new kind oflove and we call it Agape.
Don't take too long to find
true love transcends all time

That non-reacting
everlasting love.
Give me your unconditional love

The kind of love I desenre
the kind I want to return.
Give me your unconditional love
. . .
Don't try to change or tear your brother down.
Let him make his mistakes and he will come around.

Hasten just to pray and ja's true word obey
In non-reacting
everlasting love.
Give me your unconditional love
. . .
Give me your unconditional love
. . .
Give me your unconditional love
. . .
Give me your unconditional love
. . .
Hasten just to pray and ja's true word obey
In non-reacting
everlasting love.
Give me your unconditional love
. . .
Give me your unconditional love
. . .
Give me your unconditional love
. . .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.