Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ken Weds Barbie In True Yoruba-Nigerian Style

Posted in: , , ,

I was minding my business on Facebook a few days ago when I saw this image above. I was like, who is this fierce groom, and then I saw the title beside it, Black barbie and Ken's Nigerian Wedding. Of course I had to check it out. I was blown away by the full set of pictures which I got permission from the photographer, Obi Nwokedi, to share with you guys.


Obi Nwokedi is a London based photographer who photographs weddings, fashion, portraits, and occasionally, social events, concerts, and night life.

Obi says "I'm afraid, I don't have any emotional story about getting a camera as my 14th birthday present, or how my father before me was a photographer. I'm a regular IT analyst who a couple of years back, simply happened across some amazing photos online, and a passion was ignited. So after loads photography books, thousands of images shot, countless hours on photo forums, and several years later, here I am, using my God given talents to do what I simply love doing".

I have to say, he does it pretty well. Enjoy the Wedding Pictures of Barbie and Ken...

Get the hair done first

Update final details on your ipad

Gist with friends to settle your nerves

It's time to dress up

Best Friends Forever Aso-ebi

Yes I am ready

I'm going out to meet my man

The fierce groom

No matter how tough, he still has to bow

Reading the proposal for all to hear

I'm looking for my man, seen him?

There he is

And now I can rest awhile

Item 7, Rice and Stew Very Plenty

The entrance

Dance Dance Dance

Ken is digging it!

DJ is playing their song

Of course, money will be sprayed

We'll keep on having fun till we drop!

I really loved these pictures and I hope you did too. While the photoshoot is titled Nigerian wedding by the photographer, I think it is more of a Yoruba wedding. And what an amazing one too, the tiny accessories, the fashion and the style. And I've not even mentioned the photography, the attention to detail is awesome, the shots, the angles, the story-telling, everything.

Please visit Obi Nwokedi at his Website, see the complete Ken and Barbie Photoshoot at his Blog, and like him on Facebook.



30 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I wonder who made those tiny outfits!? The attention to detail is simply incredible. I've never seen anything like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doc! They were made by his wife and he bought some off the internet.

      Delete
  2. awesome..!!! ~I love! esp with Ken digging it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow
    I really love these!
    A lot of creativity here...

    Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely pics. Interesting photography. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings....
    That was hilarious and uniquely genius! I was just thinking where are the voluptuous Barbie’s?


    Have a blessed day and enjoy the rest of your week.
    Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creativity tohhhh badttt mehnnnn. The attention to details in those clothes is awesome. The embroidery, etc. Simply WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooow! I'm mindblown.... especially by their attires. Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The money been sprayed looked like dollars! How amazing.
    The pictures are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fantastic work Obi, and thanks for sharing Myne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. loool.. I have also seen bit and bobs of pics on fb but its nice to see the full blown ones here... he really tried.. nice concept. and cute description too.. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. i saw it on facebook too very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow...wow...this is some really creative mind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really cool work. It made me smile.
    What made me laugh was "Update final details on your ipad".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the part I love too

      Delete
  14. Beautiful and very creative. All the tiny accessories and postures. Very good

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice, Barbie should be marketing black barbies for our naija little girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The detailing is on pint. He got it to the tooth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pictures of them dancing..the action shots are the creepiest, which in essence make them the coolest and most life like.

    ReplyDelete
  18. See creativity o... I like the ipad part; looks so real. haha

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahahahahah.. this is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  20. really cool stuff, Myne. Very Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lol @Rice and stew Very Plenty! Love this. Thanks for sharing, Myne :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL! I just loved every bit of this mehn. Really creative and tells a story as you said Myne.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely concept. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww! This is lovely :)
    -www.faithkel.com
    -naturalkel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.