Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It's Good to be Me - Seagram's Ginger Ale Review

Posted in: ,


There’s this one memory that always comes to my mind when I think of enjoying soda. This is something that happened over ten years ago. That day in university, the temperature was hotter than boiling tar and just as cloying. We had just finished a 2-hour lecture by a tedious professor, and I was drained. Luckily, the tuck shops weren’t too far away from the study hall, and five minutes later I was in one ordering a small bottle of soda or mineral as it's known in Nigeria.

I will never forget that first gulp as the drink chilled, and at the same time burned its way down my throat. I had a repeat of that experience recently as I tasted Seagram’s Ginger Ale. It was very hot the day I went to pick it up, along with some other stuff, at the grocery store. By the time I came back and lugged my purchases inside, I was sweating. Tugging open at the 12-can pack which was quite handily tabbed at the corners to make it easier, I brought out the still-cold-from-the-store can, pulled the tab, and took a long gulp.

Hmmm…talk about bubbly…I was rewarded by the crisp and effervescent taste, light with just a hint of ginger that adds to the zest as the drink goes down. It was certainly one of those moments I said to myself, "It's good to be you."


I popped a couple cans in the fridge and set to making dinner. When Atala came back from work, we wound down the day on our deck while enjoying the light evening breeze and a glass each of Seagram's Ginger Ale.

Atala pointed out the very small taste of citrus, and I found that the pack lists citric acid in the ingredients. I asked him to describe the drink, and he said it was smooth and subtle, with a nice invigorating burn in the back of your throat after you swallow. What is it they say about great minds?

Seagram’s is now under the Coca-Cola label, and the Ginger Ale is described as “a canned refresher course on enjoying life with no regrets”. I was not surprised to learn it won the 2009 World Cup of Ginger Ale in Chicago; it does taste really good. With zero fat, no sugar or caffeine, and very low sodium, this is one drink most people can enjoy without too much of a guilty conscience.

My Verdict - a chilled can of Seagram’s Ginger Ale is definitely a refreshing experience. However, because I'm trying to cut down on the calories, I will be checking out the Diet Ginger Ale which has zero calories.

Also on my radar to try will be the new line of Seagram’s flavored sparkling seltzer water with flavors including Key Lime, Orange Citrus, Blackberry Raspberry and White Peach.


To connect with other people who love Seagram’s Ginger Ale, like their Facebook Page.

joining the Facebook page, you can install the Good To Be You (GTBU) App to celebrate your friends’ major milestones and great moments by giving their Facebook photos the stamp of approval.

Choose one photo of a friend's major milestone like a graduation, wedding or birth, or simpler moments like a day at the beach, and stamp it to remind your friends just how good life can be.

Remember, a GTBU stamped photo will also be posted to the Seagram’s Ginger Ale Facebook page so make sure to get permission from your friends first!



11 comments:

  1. Nothing like a cold drink in this hot and humid weather. So Seagram is the new Fanta Ginger-ale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The taste is very close, but this is not as sweet as the Fanta.

      Delete
  2. lol...how much are they paying you for reviewing this?

    I miss the days ginger ale used to exist as a drink in Naija.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do pay me, but I'm afraid i can't share the specifics.

      So you mean Coke stopped the Ginger Ale brand?

      Delete
  3. well....I've never had ginger ale....been a booze guy and will remain a boozer.
    new to blogville and heard of your blog,now following,please kindly follow back,myne!!! thnks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Poke, welcome to blogville. You know you can use ginger ale as a mixer or cooler in between your booze? :)

      Delete
  4. Can't really say I've ever tasted this drink or any kinds of Ginger Ale in my life, but I do love me some Barq's Red Creme Soda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like creme soda too but haven't had that one. Try a ginger, it's not too different.

      Delete
  5. Not sure it has reached our shores o. Me i'm always up for trying new fizzy drinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And add a Big Scoop of Orange Sherbert to make a Cold FANTASTIC DRINK. Have done this for Years and still do. I Love it and You will too. I have turned so many people on to this drink. Very refreshing

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.