Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Golden Couple - Jaqueline Carvalho and Murilo Endres

Posted in: , , , , , , ,

The MVP Brazilian volleyball player Jacqueline Carvalho won gold for her country at the 2008 Olympics and also at the 2012 London Olympics. She got my attention when it was mentioned in the commentary as the game went on that her husband, Murilo Endres, was also on the male volleyball team for Brazil. I'm just watching the male volleyball finals for gold and Brazil is leading Russia. All the best to him. I also googled them and found they have a sweet love story...







He was her first boyfriend and she, his first girlfriend after they met as teenagers. Murilo Endres (30) and Jaqueline Carvalho Endres (27) may share the same passion for their sport, but are different in their personalities and this contributes to the strength of their relationship.

"I'm more shy and reserved, learned from Jaque to show love. We complete each other with faults and virtues, 12 years without a break," says Murillo.

"It's hard to quarrel, but I'm more angry. He is the quiet one. We grew up together, he was my first love and we got married in 2009 after 10 years of knowing each other," says Jacqueline.

But no matter how golden the couple may be, they've also had their share of troubles, last year, they had a miscarriage after already announcing to the public that they were expecting a baby. So sad...

You can read more about the couple HERE and HERE



8 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I wish them the best from the bottom of my heart. I pray they live to share old age together with lovely children as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, they deserve it. I say Amen.

      Delete
  2. Great timing! Read parts of your post to hub and he said they'd just had a bit on the tv about them. They are truly a golden couple and both of hope gold is soon theirs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The male Brazil team won silver, but that is great too.

      Delete
  3. I just love women who love sports and passionate about it as much as their husbands.

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish them all the best together. Read their story and you can tell there's something special about them.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.