Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Omarosa and Michael Clarke Duncan - Love and Loss

Posted in: , , , , ,

Michael Clarke Duncan [actor in Green Mile] passed away yesterday at the age of 54. I was shocked when I heard the news, I remembered the movies I'd seen him in and how he came across, so huge and yet so serene. May his soul rest in peace. He has certainly left a mark in his field as an actor. He also left behind his girlfriend, Omarosa, with whom he had been planning to get married. Omarosa issued a statement, saying, “I am devastated. He was the love of my life.”

Omarosa appeared on Donald Trump's “The Apprentice”, and became well known for being very outspoken. Around two months ago, Omarosa found Duncan at home having a heart attack. She performed CPR on him and was able to resuscitate him before the paramedics to arrived and took him to hospital where he had been since. His health kept on deteriorating despite the best efforts of the doctors.

I can only imagine how she must be feeling now. We recently lost a family member and it stung so much. I pray God to grant her comfort and strength at this time.

My condolences to all those reading this who have also lost someone dear and close to them. It is well.



9 comments:

  1. When I heard of his passing, I felt truly sad because he comes across as a gentle giant. His performance in 'The Green Mile' gave me goosebumps and will definitely stand the test of time.

    I like this saying about death:
    'Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live' (N. Cousin)

    It is obvious his legacy will live beyond his death. I pray we each leave behind a positive legacy when our time comes.

    XXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that saying, thanks for sharing NIL.

      Delete
  2. ...we have suffered a great loss. I'll forever be a fan of his work on both the small/silver screen.

    He'll be missed.

    El

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will indeed be missed. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  3. Heard about his passing yesterday. As we say here, 'In the middle of life, we're in death.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea he'd passed. That is so sad. He was so sweet in The Green Mile. Watching the movie taught me not to judge people by their appearance.
    May his soul rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green mile is a childhood memory I hold on to. I kept wondering, can someone be this huge? Will miss him real big. It's sad

    ReplyDelete
  6. He was the best character in Green Mile (for me) and i never get tired of watching the movie. May his soul rest in peace

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.