Monday, November 5, 2012

How to say Sorry to your Boyfriend in Yoruba?

Posted in: , ,

This search landed on my romantic names in local languages which may come in useful but will definitely not speak directly to the problem if there's one. I'm guessing the person searching for this has a Yoruba partner but is not one herself. If you've offended him and you want to say sorry, I think you say Ema binu or Pele.

I confess that I'm terrible with Yoruba and can probably count on my fingers the number of Yoruba words I know. Atala and I communicate in English and I barely get a chance to practice the little I know. Maybe the children will provide the opportunity for us all to learn.



Of course, after saying sorry, you can add all those romantic love words and oriki. I find physical touch very calming too, hold his hand, touch or kiss him - it may or may not be sexual, and don't forget to cook his favorite food, hehehe...Good luck...




16 comments:

  1. I would go for, Mabinu you can put okomi next to that, or jo mabinu, or.... thats all i got! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. chei but Myne you sha be getting some of the weirdest search queries though

    ReplyDelete
  3. darling, jor mabinu... olowo ori mi, the only butter on my bread

    (If a boyfriend hears this he will just laugh and stop being mad) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What does olowo ori mi mean?

      Delete
    2. It literally translates to the 'one who holds my head'.

      It is used to mean, lover, owner of life, holder of love...etc.

      Delete
    3. Olowo ori mi means the one who paid my bride price, a synonym for husband...

      Delete
    4. I like the suggestion to put something sweet and funny after the apology :)

      Delete
  4. lol...this search thingy is turning out funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll use Olowo ori mi, jor ma binu, my very own juicy agbalumo lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. no need for words .... just kneel down with a platter of pounded yam and egusi in hand .... and look sufficiently repentant

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chei! Myne is very romantic o, lol! :D

    Toin, you're a case. "My very own juicy agbalumo." Lol

    Just say sorry. Lol :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As they say, if romance be the food of life, give me more :)

      Delete
  8. Lmmmaaoooo..mm but really Myne, U get some weird searches

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me, I like the word 'atata' and 'onitemi' so whenever I overdo, i just make it compound and say 'onitemi-atata, ma binu.' Funny but it works. Onitemi means 'my own' while atata means 'dearest'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Na wa o. Ds results can make me laugh o.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.