Monday, January 7, 2013

Downton Abbey Season 3 Begins With a Wedding

Posted in: , ,

I first heard about Downton Abbey from Sting and after a while, I decided to check it out. The first episode I caught up with on PBS was not so encouraging. There were some characters I knew I could get to love, like Maggie Smith's sharp witted old Dame, but not knowing the full story held me back.

However, finding out over the weekend on Twitter that a new season was starting, I decided to try again. And I was rewarded with a fantastic episode, which included a lovely wedding. Matthew Crawley and Lady Mary of Downton Abbey had a beautiful spring wedding in their village church.









It's amazing the attention the producers of this show pay to every little detail. If you didn't know this was acting, you would take it for a documentary. From the houses, the manner of speech, costumes, everything! I am looking forward to watching more episodes. And who knows, I might even go back and watch the past seasons :)

Who else is watching, did you catch yesterday's episode? Thoughts?



12 comments:

  1. Let me tell you something, I am the expert on all things Downton! Pleaseeeeeee go back and start from season one, it will make you appreciate where the characters are. For example did you know that Matthew nearly married someone else? It's very delicious. The UK is in love and the other channels kick themselves for not having the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caramel, I really have to make time one of these days :)

      Delete
  2. There is no way you can fully appreciate and love this story without going back and watching the earlier seasons. There was sooo much romance, intrigue, and history. Once you watch it you will not be able to believe that once considered not doing it.
    These character, upstairs and downstairs, are so awesome and you must have the backstory to fully appreciate any of romance. You won't regret it, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I really feel moved to go back and with the recommendations, I'll try and make the time. Some current series are not making me happy, and I might jettison them :)

      Delete
  3. Please go back and watch the previous seasons, you would appreciate this season better if certain things are in context, eg how two former besties in the downstairs people are now against each other (I can't remember their names). I am already done with season 3 as i couldn't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is all thanks to you :) It is indeed a well woven story!

      Delete
    2. Bates and Thomas! From friends to enemies. Wonderful storyline there!

      Delete
    3. O'Brien and Thomas. I just googled it. I am so bad with names on shows and novels. LOL. But seriously Myne, it's an awesome show.

      Delete
    4. It's true oh, O'Brien and Thomas! O'Brien is dark!

      Delete
    5. O'Brien gives me the shivers, like she can do some really mean things! And to think they were friends before?

      Delete
  4. I keep promising myself to watch this…. I hear EXCELLENT things about it!

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.