Sunday, January 27, 2013

I Dreamed a Dream - Les Miserables

Posted in: ,

After having assumed all this while that I Dreamed a Dream was a triumphant song, it was a double whammy to watch and listen to Anne Hathaway sing it in the Les Miserables movie. Too sad, I hope it doesn't make you cry. We watched the movie some weeks ago, and I have posted the review. Enjoy the song lyrics below..



[Fantine is left alone, unemployed and destitute]
[FANTINE]
There was a time when men were kind
When their voices were soft
And their words inviting
There was a time when love was blind
And the world was a song
And the song was exciting
There was a time
Then it all went wrong


I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
As they turn your dream to shame

He slept a summer by my side
He filled my days with endless wonder
He took my childhood in his stride
But he was gone when autumn came

And still I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.



4 comments:

  1. Video not working. Have to go search for it on YouTube I guess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I've replaced it, and this one is OK.

      Delete
  2. Myne, I really enjoyed the lyrics. The beautiful lines spoke to my heart as I go to memory lane, seeing how fearless I was and how things seemed to have turned the other way round.But I'm still hopeful that in the future not far from now, things will be fine again and I will regain my fearless self...

    Somehow, the lyrics took me back to my Rolling Dreams(3)... there seems to be a relationship between them... you may check it out http://innoialifawrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greеtings fгom Los angeles! І'm bored to tears at work so I decided to browse your website on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the info you provide here and can't ωait to take
    a look when I gеt homе. I'm shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not even using WIFІ, just
    3G .. Αnyways, ехcellent site!


    Also vіsit my blog post: Real World Enеrgy - http://realworldenergy.com -

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.