Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Michelle Obama Cut Her Bangs Because of Mid-Life Crisis

Posted in: ,

Michelle Obama got her new hairstyle with the bangs earlier this year and officially debuted it at the President's Inauguration. President Obama loved them saying, "I love her bangs... She looks good. She always looks good". LOL...of course that's what he would say. IMO too, and that of several people who tweeted or blogged about it, it looked great, though some wondered why?

Now, Michelle has confessed the reason for the switch up in her hairstyle. I would have thought it was the usual black woman's "I get bored with one hairstyle", but in an interview with Rachael Ray, airing tomorrow, Michelle Obama who is 49 years old, though she looks at least a decade younger, said;

“This is my mid-life crisis, the bangs. I couldn't get a sports car. They won't let me bungee jump. So instead, I cut my bangs.”


What do you think?

I assume she's joking, but mid-life crisis and menopause are realities as women get older and people react in various ways where a hair cut or style change could be the easiest and least problematic. Also, some cultures in Nigeria suggest cutting of hair for women when a husband or father/parent dies, and that is usually the case when you see a naija woman with a bald head or low cut hair.

I cut my hair recently but mostly because the hair itself got tired from the stress of styling it too regularly, or not treating it well, than any other thing. Beyond that, changing hairstyles has always been to get a different look.

What about you? If you cut your hair recently, what was the reason? Have you or anyone you know ever cut your hair out of a life situation like marking a birthday, heart break, stress from work, divorce or midlife crisis?




10 comments:

  1. I cut my hair over a month ago. My reason was to grow my hair properly as some of it was damaged. Other than that, I love my hair and the new look

    ReplyDelete
  2. People sha like to know the reason behind everything, what if she just cut her hair just because? The bangs looks good on her too. I cut my hair last year for the new year and just to know what my hair really looks like without all the relaxers and the damage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to cut my hair...
    Fiance says he'll have my head if i do *sad face*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join the club! My boyfriend has warned me not to even try it. Well, I'm a hard-headed woman, so we'll see.

      Delete
  4. I cut my hair because it was a mess and I needed to start all of again to grow health hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cut my hair last year after I broke up with my boyfriend of 6 years. He liked my hair long and so I cut it so I wouldn't think about him. It was vey stressful breakup and I didb;t have time to pay attention to the hair,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cut my hair last year, out of boredom or because it was my birthday few days after n I just wanted to rock the new look. Either of the two :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cut my hair last week cause I just got sick of maintaining my hair. I wanted a fresh, clean look so I chopped it off and I couldn't be happier.

    I think MRS O* looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i cut my hair because i decided to go natural on locs.my hair was severely damaged by relaxer and kano harmattan.lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cut (read trim here and there) my hair some time for the fun of it :) But this time I wanted a new look so i chopped it all up, it's a staement of some sort for me. I wonder why it took me so long to do this cos I am so loving this look

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.