Friday, February 15, 2013

Re: Valentine - You asked, I answered

Posted in: , ,

Please forgive my bad hair day, I'd just come out from getting a massage. The picture was taken on Valentine's Day. So I asked in this post for you guys to ask me any thing, and few questions came in which I've answered below;

Did you love Atala instantly or did you grow to love him? and if you did, whats that process like?

Thanks, Prov. I didn't love him instantly but I did admire him [or his mind and personality I should say]. You see, we 'met' online at a message-board. I was a lonely student in a new country looking for a place that felt like home. I found this website of Nigerians and the community welcomed me. He was among those that first interacted with me, and with time as I saw his intelligence, kindness, and level-headedness, I started to crush on him. I knew there was an attraction between our online personas, but he was aloof for a long time and so I just had fun.


His letter of a personal relationship came as a surprise, but a pleasant one. When we started talking on the phone, exchanging emails, and pictures, the love grew. However, he lived in America and I, in the UK. That put some bumps in our growing attachment to each other and even as we sorted through them, we agreed never to call it the L-word until we met each other face to face. Within 6 months, he came to visit me, and the rest as they say is history.

Do you plan on coming ever back to Nigeria?

There is no firm plan in place, but I would love to return for good one day. Till then, I live and appreciate the US and the life, love and opportunities living here affords me. I will continue to visit Nigeria regularly, and if possible, do what I can to help move the country and the people forward in any little diaspora way.

What is your dream location to live in?

A part of me wants to say Abuja, where I lived for a stretch of my adult life, and my favorite city in Nigeria. However, my dream location has changed to wherever my heart is at any moment in time. I love Seattle and my life here with Atala, and being able to offer my home to my family and friends as a way for them to get more exposure to the world.




18 comments:

  1. Bad hair day or not, you guys lok so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pic of you both.
    I can't see bad hair day. What I see is fabulous hair:)
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massage huh? good start to a love filled day. leering wink..lol.

    A toast to 365 days of love to my fave couple!


    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo you've got. And your story is so so sweet. Like minds attracts really!
    I wish you both many more fun filled years together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photo...just discovered ur blog and I am almost addicted.pls is Atala ur hubbys real name?what does it mean?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful love story. This is a good example of how love knows no boundaries..distance or no distance ...a man will do what it takes to be with the woman he loves. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone.

    @Anon. Atala is not his real name just a fun moniker he made up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm...... Nkem nyc one, i agree badhair day but not 2 bad

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like ur blog myne...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, lovely, lovely! Much love from this side and bad hair day or not, you guys are looking great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. You met online? Thats so wonderful!! I totally love your blog. I met my boyfriend online too,wow! You and Atala's love gives me hope......wishin you both many years ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want your afro myne! You both look good in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmmm...some sweet love in the air. I am jealous o!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful picture and love the interview.. I think you should write a book based on you and Atala's story :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will consider that, when we are eighty and doddering :)

      Delete
  15. Nice Picture Myne. Massage? LIKEY

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.