Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I am Looking For Bloggers For Lifestyle Blogging

Posted in:

I need about 5 writers for this blog and a new lifestyle website I'm building. This is an opportunity for people who are serious about writing and blogging long term to get into a prime internet property at the ground level. Have you been blogging without any monetary returns and would like to get rewarded? Do you keep yourself updated with current events in various segments of society? Would you like to write about your personal activities and life on a daily basis, and earn something for your efforts? If you have been thinking of blogging in a big way, but wasn't sure about going it alone, then you may have found a team.

Here are the requirements:

A minimum of 2 and no more than 10 posts daily Mon - Fri are required.
A passion for the category you select is a BIG plus
SEO and keyword knowledge is desired but not required.
Blog posts must be at least 300 words long. This can be less for posts with larger/more pictures.
Submit your posts anytime you want, I will schedule.
Above average writing is required as minimal editing will be done.
All posts must be unique content.
Non-anonymous bloggers willing to write from a personal place are desired, but not compulsory
Those who are familiar with posting on a Blogger will be considered before others but I am open to teaching writers how to post on Blogger.

If you’re interested please send an email to myne@mynewhitman.com with the following:
Subject: Savvy Nigerian - Category Name
A brief paragraph of why you’re interested in this opportunity
A 300 – 500 word article/blog post sample OR
A link to your current blog, if you have one.


The categories for writers include, Politics, Health and Wellness, Sports, Fashion/Style, Career, Love, Dating and Relationships, Family/Parenting, Finances/Money, Food and Drink, Entertainment/Media, Lifestyle, Gender and Feminist Issues, Faith, Spirituality and Inspiration. Also, Interior and Garden, Beauty, Education, Arts, Culture, DIY and Home Decor, News and Events, Cars, Environment, Travel, Topics for Men, Technology and Gadgets.

Savvy Nigerian is billed to be a prime online property geared toward the global Nigerian audience. There seems to be the idea hovering around, if you look at the top sites in Nigeria for example, that Nigerians only know gossip, and maybe news. But I want to try something new. I want to see more educated and mature writing representing us out there. I've been writing some of that, now I want some of you to join me to promote a different, more savvy Nigerian.

Writers can stick to one category or write in up to 5, no more. Contributors will be paid a specific percentage of site earnings each month, with a generous bonus to those with more blog posts and or post-views. This is because the more readers your post attracts, the more money the site will make.

I will be doing heavy marketing here on RML, my social media, and other sites to attract visitors, but the writers will also be required to do some passionate promotion too. We will start with the basic revenue generation avenues, but as the site grows I plan to implement additional advertising techniques.

If selected, I will email you a contract and after you return the contract you can get started immediately.

Thanks for your interest!



31 comments:

  1. Ah ah Myne, you want to abandon us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. There is no deadline, but the earlier the better. It is on a first come, first accepted basis.

      Delete
  3. It sounds interesting and I'm uber excited about a successful Nigerian blog that does not focus entirely on gossip and news that leans excessively towards gossip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you NoRe. I love gossip like every one else, but sometimes, I want more :)

      Delete
  4. Myne, you no try o. See the kind requirements wey you put, knocked me out of the running from the first line. Would have loved to but still trying to graduate, no time. Minimum of 2 posts a day, 300-500 words, that one na full time job. LOL.... Great initiative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...Thanks Sting. Some of us spend all day on the interwebs already. So why not be a producer than a consumer, or both?

      Delete
  5. Sounds interesting. I hope you see it through and wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and do consider joining us :)

      Delete
  6. Excellent idea Myne! Wish you the very best with this project. This is one time I wish I was a Niaga girl! LOL! Love it still though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, really appreciate your support.

      Delete
  7. Savvy Nigerian is a great idea. We need to have more wholesome info about ourselves as Nigerians out there, it's not all about gossip, really. There's a lot to learn about and make life generally a whole lot more interesting and fun. Thumbs up Myne, my mail's coming soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Looking forward to hear from you :)

      Delete
    2. An interesting endeavour. The passion is evoking.

      Delete
  9. I know you have an MPH Myne, that would be a good angle. having a health education section weekly. I have an MPH too and would love to do that but no blog experience. DO I qualify?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You qualify if you're willing to learn. Please send me an email.

      Delete
  10. I refuse to be restricted by NYSC things! Okay, that sounds childish. I sure would mail you any time from now ma. Presently in camp, but i sure would get across! This seems promising and very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...thank you! Apart from access to internet, this may be the best time to do this.

      Delete
  11. OMG! ...it seems a like more than hard-work, WOW...besides the money-to-be-earned part, this might just be another 9-5, if its going to everyday *whew* ...MW abeg explain this thing to me well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the hope, that this will become a 9 - 5 for a few people or more :)

      But we can work something part time out if you really want to join but don't have so much time.

      Delete
  12. Am so loving this. But Nysc won't let me. It would have really being nice to blog about my 1 year here of course its my passion for writing, then d money won't be a bad idea.
    Am so looking forward to this new blog.
    Wish you the very best @myne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yipeee!!!!! I'm so so so interested.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know someone who would find this suitable, and I wanted to tell the person about this, but the person is not Nigerian though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pleassssseeeeeeee change the rules and allow part time to regular positions? Then pick me for feminine health :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Myne,
    I have sent you an email with my application. How soon will i get a response. I am looking forward to working with you already. **excited**

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the initiative.....kudos to you,might just give it a try.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. This has me wishing I was Nigerian, and I'm Ghanaian so that doesn't happen often *sticks tongue out* Just joking.
    All the best with your search. Hope you find passionate, great writers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is dis offer still open at this time of the year?

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.