Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Immigrant wins $338M Powerball Jackpot in New Jersey

Posted in:

Maybe it's time to start playing the lottery, I can really do with some cool $millions. Who wouldn't?

A 44-year-old immigrant from the Dominican Republic is the winner of a $338 million Powerball lottery jackpot in the U.S., and he's telling reporters in Spanish that he's "very happy."

Several media outlets were at the New Jersey liquor store, where the ticket was sold, on Monday when Pedro Quezada entered. They report that the store owner validated Quezada's ticket as a winner. Reports also identified his home country. The New Jersey Lottery confirmed that the winning ticket was validated at the store.

A lump sum payout would be $221 million, or about $152 million after taxes. It's the fourth-largest jackpot in Powerball history. Quezada told reporters that his first priority will be helping his family. His wife, Ines Sanchez, told the Bergen Record that Quezada called her with the news Monday afternoon. "I still can't believe it," she said. "We never expected it but thank God." [MSN.com]



3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That's a whole lot of money

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wao!
    I wonder how the man will be feeling right now. But don't be suprised that he will drink all of it away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I was checking continously this blog and
    I'm impressed! Extremely helpful info particularly thee last part :
    ) I care for such info much. I was seeoing this certain inforation for a very long time.
    Thank you aand good luck.

    Here iis my web site ... how to play the lottery

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.