Sunday, March 17, 2013

Kate Middleton Wants a Boy, Prince William a Girl

Posted in: , ,

People often ask pregnant couples, and the woman in particular whether their coming baby is a boy or a girl. And it's not much different when you're a royal it seems. Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, at an official St. Patrick's Day ceremony honoring the Irish Guards made the revelation to a soldier she was chatting with.

"I asked her 'do you know if it's a girl or boy?' and she said 'not yet,'" said Guardsman Lee Wheeler.
"She said 'I'd like to have a boy and William would like a girl.'"
Wheeler said the duchess told him the couple had not settled on names for the baby....

At the baby shower I attended, I also asked the celebrant the same question. She too didn't know, as they wanted to wait to find out at the birth. I know it's easy enough to find out and I sometimes wonder whether I'll like to know or not. I think curiosity will just kill me, so I'll go ahead and ask to know.

BTW, isn't it the other way around with the gender of the baby, women want girls to play dress up with, and the husbands want boys?



4 comments:

  1. Boys - Mum's little bf... Dad gets jealous

    Girls- dads little gf.. Mum gets really really jealous. Men sabi spil pikin (e.g dad comes in after a long day, babygirl runs to dad, hugs him at d door, plants an innocent kiss. Mums gets a 'Hey babe and maybe a hug' LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funmie u are in the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She wants a prince!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby wanted a baby girl initially and really prayed to God, but he accepted his fate after ultrasound showed it was. Boy I was having. I wanted twins not minding their sex but was disappointed it was just one. In fact I went into depression for a whole week. Now I have a healthy baby boy and am grateful.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.