Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Oreoluwa Somolu - Motivational Women Story #6

Posted in: , ,

Oreoluwa Somolu is Executive Director of the Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre (W.TEC). Prior to this, she was Project Manager of Youth Empowerment & Restoration Initiative, an organisation working to increase local content in the Nigerian Oil and Gas industry by raising awareness of Oil and Gas careers among students.

Oreoluwa worked for several years in the United States at an educational non-for-profit organisation on a number of projects, which explored the interplay between gender and technology and which sought to attract more girls and women to study and work in science and technology-related fields.

She has a Bachelors degree in Economics from Essex University, U.K. and a Masters degree in Analysis, Design and Management of Information Systems from the London School of Economics & Political Science. Her research interests are the applications of technology in improving lifelong learning and also to raise the economic and social conditions of people (especially women and children) in the developing world.






Oreoluwa’s publications include ‘Telling Our Own Stories: African Women Blogging for Social Change’ (Gender & Development Journal) and ‘Making the Most of On-line Learning: An Introduction to Learning on the Internet’ (Education Development Center).

Check out Ore's blog, and you can read about her here, and here.



4 comments:

  1. I am really loving this segment on ur blog Myne, it shows you how nigerian women are doing BIG things. I am insprired. I have a few suggestions Ndidi Nwuneli, Chika Unigwe, Uche Pedro (nee Eze). Will come back if I remember more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anon. I appreciate your support.

      Delete
  2. Ore is a friend I admire, but I never knew this much about her. I am even more in awe for her. May she be strengthened to continue the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this profile, Myne! I am truly humbled.

    Rita, thank you so much. I am very inspired by your achievements as well as the depth of your love for God. I am also looking forward to your next book (hint, hint).

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.