Saturday, April 6, 2013

Death Penalty For Aurora Shooter James Holmes?

Posted in: ,

Who remembers the Colorado shootings? [read story]

What do you think of the decision of the prosecutor in the case of the Dark Knight cinema shooter,James Holmes, to seek the death penalty for the killer. The move has actually been applauded by victims and friends of victims who say they want him to die. One friend of Holmes' 12 dead victims even said he wanted to watch the alleged killer die.

'I don't know if it's painful. I want him dead. I just want to be there in the room when he dies,' Bryan Beard told ABC outside the Colorado courthouse. 'He took one of my friends from this Earth. Death equals death.'
Beard's close friend Alex Sullivan was one of the 12 people killed in the shooting on July 20 last year. It was his 27th birthday. DailyMail

Would you want someone who hurts you or kills a member of your family to get the death penalty? What do you think of the death penalty in general? I think in this case, the shooter looks mentally not there, but I do support the death penalty in principle, but on a case by case basis.





1 comment:

  1. I too support the death penalty on a case by case basis. While I too think this shooter might be mentally unstable. I'm not sure if it's to the extent that the death penalty should be taken off the table all together. What he did took a lot of planning and proves he's not completely incompetent.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.