Friday, April 26, 2013

Is This Love? Olivia Pope and Fitz

Posted in: , , ,


Shonda Rhimes and her team of writers will not kill me over Olivia Pope and her love affair with the president. This their love nwantiti, I just can't! Hear it from the lovebirds themselves...

OLIVIA: I don't want to talk to you. I'm never gonna be ready to talk to you, so why don't you just --
FITZ: I love you.
OLIVIA: - stop saying that. You're having me followed, watched. There are cameras in my apartment. That's not love.
FITZ: You have to understand. Defiance changed everything for me. Everything...You don't fix me! You don't handle me! THAT is not love, that's control. I asked you to be a team. We should've been a team. It should've been me and you, but instead it was you and Verna and Cyrus and Hollis and Mellie. I am angry that you fixed the election, but I am even angrier that you thought you were fixing me.
OLIVIA: You're angry ... then why are you here?
FITZ: I'm here because I love you.

OLIVIA: And how does that change anything that has happened? What's the point?!
FITZ: Do you still love me? Do you? Still love me?
OLIVIA: Does it matter?
FITZ: It matters. Do you still love me is a yes or no question... Olivia?
OLIVIA: I do... but I can't do this anymore.
FITZ: Wait, wait, just wait. Just wait one minute. This past year I have learned only one thing: that I cannot exist without you, that I cannot breathe without you; that the man I am without you is .... I'm nothing. I'm nothing and you are everything, and I need you to give me another chance. I demand another chance. We're worth another chance.
:
[kissing, panting] Olivia - you hurt me. Fitz - I'm sorry.
OLIVIA: I can't. I just .. I can't.

To be honest, I was like "Fitz, leave her alone!" But by the time he got to the whole, there's no me without you, I can't breathe without you - BTW, Toni Braxton's lyrics are all over those lines -  my heart kind of melted for him. I wished Olivia would give him another chance, give them another chance. But he has to get divorced first, right? And he doesn't seem ready for that. And that for me spoils the whole love.

For those who watch the show, is this really love? Should Olivia give Fitz one more try?




10 comments:

  1. I am #teamolifitz she should take him back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myne I am hooked on this show. Shonda Rhimes is an excellent writer. My favorite has to be Cyrus and his "husband" Huck is a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As if you read my mind...this love sef...ah ah...so dramatic...is it that i have never been in love or what...one minute kiss, another minute slap...hiss...but i am addicted to scandals sha...kai

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Scandal like woah! Their impossible love situation is so bitter sweet. Boy! Fantastic tv!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bittersweet... knowing I should really dislike scandal - on moral grounds but mehn, I love that series. If we say he should leave mellie- are we encouraging married people leaving their spouses cos they have a stronger connection with someone else is right?

    By the way, 3
    I'm #teamOlifitz too *covers face*

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO- I read this transcript with their voices in my head! I laughed throughout the entire scene. Fitz is nuts! I want Olivia to move on....find another man! Love the show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the reason why people think love is uncontrollable. This show sef. Can't breath without her indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Olivia and Fitz but she has got to move on! It's just too messy! The man is married and wants a second term which would not happen with a divorce. The Fitz is though, if Olivia met someone else, the new guy would end up in Guantanamo Bay with false charges! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.