Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Date Ideas - The Incorruptible Judge - A Play

Posted in: ,

Who remembers this stage play? One of the funniest plays I've ever read and at the same time it had a very upstanding message against corruption one that has stayed with me all this while. The play is being staged at Terra Kulture today and tomorrow.

Title : The Incorruptible Judge
Venue : Terra Kulture
Viewing Times : 11am, 2pm and 6pm
Tickets : N 2,000
Dates : 27th - 29th May
Laced with comic reliefs, The incorruptible judge is an entertaining glimpse into the abuse of power and betrayal of public trust.

Ajala, a young job seeker with brilliant result, responded to a job advert from the government establishment ministry and was asked by the recruitment officer (Agbalowomeri) to bring ‘kola’ in order to secure the job. The desperate poor applicant could not provide the ‘kola’.

Find out what happens afterwards in this humor laced play with a strong message.

The play underscores the fact that , in this ocean of moral and ethical mess, there are still islands of decency.



4 comments:

  1. Hmm ... brings back ancient memories. Haven't thought of this book/play since the '80s. I should check it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually going to see Wedlock of the Gods this evening in Atlanta. I am excited, and hope we can see more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I remember reading this in school

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me nostalgic... :) thanks for the blog and I am waiting for slimier blogs from you.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.