Monday, May 13, 2013

Ibifiri and Bolaji Kamson - We Make A Good Team

Posted in: ,

Ibifiri is the blogger behind Secretlilies, she is also a writer and aspiring author. She writes of herself, "I love motivating people, I love women empowerment, I am a romantic at heart, I love fashion and I love creativity. Things I do: Fashion: Love making handbags. Writing: I love to write, even though I haven't published any novel yet. Reading...I long for days I can lazy about in bed reading a good romance novel. Very relaxing. God: hmmm Love Him. Temi: my knight." Enjoy her marriage avowals;

How did you meet your husband?
After uni we were told that we had to stay at home for an extra year before we could go for youth service, so I decided to be a photographer. Would I say it was fate or what there was an opening in one of the best photo studios in Port Harcourt and I sent my CV, went for the interview and was hired. That's how I meet my husband, turns out the owner of the photo studio was/is my husband. He was scoping me right from the day of my interview..lol

How long have you been married?
25th of October this year, would be 5 years.

How did your husband propose?
He tricked me into going to le Meridan hotel, when I got there, the head staff told me some story that some one asked to see me in the conference room. I wouldn't have gone in the first place but he was so polite that I obliged. Got into the conference room, which already had a romantic setting. I sat down still wondering what it was all about, and wondering who really wanted to see me while thinking that I must have missed the polo tournament. Lo and behold my husband then boyfriend came out from behind the curtains, got down on one knee and proposed. All the staff in the hotel knew about this except me.




What do you think is the “key” to a successful relationship and marriage? 
God, honesty, patience, openness and friendship.

What is your favorite part about being married to your husband? 
He is someone I can always count on

What is the hardest part about being married? 
For me there is nothing hard about being married, so I don't know

Do you have children? 
Yes, a lovely, beautiful daughter.


How has this affected your marriage and how do you cope? 
My husband and I make a good team. Together we have put her on a schedule and we work around it together. So I still do the things I used to when I wasn't a mum and even more, I just plan more. Days I would be busy daddy babysits, days he is busy I do the babysitting. This has made us closer and happier.

What is your advice to those dating or young couples. 
Make sure you are friends, honesty is key. Talk about everything from sex to your best colors. It amazes me when married women say they hide things from their husbands. My husband is my best friend and I am his best friend. We don't have any secrets, so beware anything you tell me or him be rest assured that we both know about it.

If you enjoy these series and want to be featured, please contact myne@mynewhitman.com




11 comments:

  1. Very cute couple. I love that picture with the baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOVVVVEEEE this, Myne! *grinning from ear to ear*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this Ibifiri, you're an exceptional woman. Beautiful family and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely story and such precious pictures. Great idea for a series, Myne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the pic with their daughter is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww beautiful family. I love this feature

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures. Great lessons to pick up here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy Ibifiri's down to earth post at secret lilies, and seeing this very personal side of her with her hubby and daughter is very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful interview. I love these photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwwww, beautiful couple. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.