Monday, July 1, 2013

Does it Really Matter Who Makes The Money in a Relationship?

Posted in: , , ,

One of the judges of Britain's Got Talent, Alesha Dixon announced last week that she was pregnant with Nigerian boyfriend, Azuka Ononye's child. Before then, their relationship had been private, and it seems for good reason too. Azuka is a dancer who comes from humble beginnings and still earns less than his star girlfriend. Like a lot less.

According to the UK Sun;
... the pair have been together for 3½ years and shared a close friendship for a long time before that. And far from being a fellow celebrity, Azuka, or AZ as he is known to pals, came from humble beginnings in Nigeria and has had to scrape a living for years.

When he was a teenager he moved to the UK for a better life with his two elder brothers. They raised him in a council flat in Fulham, West London — where he still lived until recently. It’s a world away from the Hertfordshire mansion owned by Alesha, who earns £400,000 as a BGT judge and has other lucrative contracts.

Last night a close pal said: “She and AZ are perfect for each other and they are madly in love, but they couldn’t have more different lives.” AZ hates sponging off Alesha, 34, and insists on paying his own way, but the former singer with Noughties girl group Mis-Teeq has treated him to the high life. They have been on several expensive holidays to Miami and Europe.


Meanwhile, his pals have dubbed him the “Louis Vuitton man” because of the designer clothes she buys him. Our exclusive pictures show the couple at a 32nd birthday party Alesha arranged for AZ earlier this year. She booked The Crazy Bear Club in Beaconsfield, Bucks, and invited all his friends and family — splashing out thousands of pounds.

My question is, should this be news, and should it be so shocking that the girlfriend earns far more than her boyfriend, and that they both live a lifestyle more suited to her earnings?

As a woman, do you see yourself being the bigger, much bigger earner than your partner and supporting him? If you're a man, would you mind being a "Louis Vuitton man?"




8 comments:

  1. For me, it doesn't matter who makes more. I definitely wouldn't mind making more than the hubby, no issue there. What's important for me is that he be a man of his own. He should neither be threatened by me, nor be with me just cos I make more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to start typing, then I recalled that I have already written my thoughts about this topic http://www.janylbenylshares.com/2013/01/she-is-boss.html there is really nothing more to add

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't really matter. What matters is that you understand each other and like @jhazmyn said, he should be a man of his own. The guy should also not be there to milk her dry... with that, if there's no conflict of interest, then it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should it be news? No, Not really but it is because for a lot of men [and women], it's still a #lowkey problem. At the end of the day if the two people in the relationship can deal with it then it's all well and good. Some people don't realize they have a problem with it until they are in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It shouldn't matter but we're Africans and whether as the man or as the woman, we're all conditioned that the man must provide. I'll prefer my man to earn more than me, and if later I pull ahead, then *kanyeshrug*

    ReplyDelete
  6. It shouldn't matter ideally, but I'd rather my significant other earned more than I did. I'm a bit traditional like that, and would prefer my husband to be the breadwinner in our family. In addition, what happens if I decide I want to take a few years off to raise children?

    ReplyDelete
  7. abeg let him earn the bucks and I too willl have a good job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very shortly this website will be famous amid all blog users, due
    to it's nice content

    Also visit my homepage ... Forex Auto Trader

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.