Saturday, July 6, 2013

How Do You Have Passion For What You Do?

Posted in: , ,

By Gracie

At first I had wanted to become an international lawyer, then a banker and then later I had hoped to be a chartered accountant and had looked forward to it for a long time. To God be the glory, I am now a chartered accountant. Right now, I am restless; I just feel there is more to life than a 9-5 job. Yeah, a typical 9-5 job is a comfort zone in area of finances. You are guaranteed of getting paid every 30days. Still, no matter what, you are a visitor in your organization, not permanent guests.


Just recently I asked myself “why did I even want to be a chartered accountant? Ok, I love working with figures, and I had always had this craze of working in a bank but recent happenings gave me a rethink, *winks*. The major thing was just that they had cool money and also there is this prestige about been called one. I love my profession and every bit of it.

I have listened to a lot of talks from different people; from motivational speakers and the likes. They talk about finding your purpose and all that, how the likes of Aliko Dangote, Bill Gates all made it big in life without much education. Yeah, right and you begin to ask yourself, so why did I go to school?

Yes, entertainers such as musicians, stand up comedians etc are making so much cool cash from their profession that even graduates can’t make in a year what they make in a week. And now that I haven’t discovered such talent, will I impose it on myself?. Most times, they all say the same thing though. Needless to say they never tell us that we can’t all be entrepreneurs, we all have different gifting and capabilities to function in life.

We all have different roles to play in life just as the body has different parts to make it function holistically. We can’t all be entertainers or entrepreneurs. Today’s world has gone beyond just formal education though it is still as important ever. Don’t be limited by the confines of your certificates

At times, situations make us to find ourselves in inappropriate places where it seems like we are square pegs put in round holes. For instance, you don’t like your job because it’s not in line with what you studied at school, or you are not paid well at your place of work and all that or your business is not moving at a pace that you want.

My dear, the seed of greatness lies in each and every one of us and I must say it’s up to you to make a deal of what you have. You don’t have to be bound by your job; there’s more to life than a 9-5 job neither by your business or whatsoever. Diversify your sources of income and enjoy life to the fullest, whichever way you can, maximize all potentials GOD has placed inside every one of us.

Have a passion for what you do and live life happily.

Above all, keep seeking the face of GOD in knowing your purpose in life.

God bless you

________

Grace blogs about inspiring ourselves in living a greater life everyday.



4 comments:

  1. One of my best friends said to me recently, when I left my corporate job as an engineer and struck out on my own to develop O&G software and focus on my fiction writing/publications: Eric, if you do what you love, you cannot fail.

    I asked, Why?

    See, it's like this. The other people just ~like~ it. They don't ~love~ it. If you love it, you'll be better at it. That's why I went into law enforcement, and that's why I'm good at it. I love what I do. I don't just ~like~ it.

    All I could say was, Boy, ain't that the truth.

    Because it is.

    - Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true. I am an accountant,but I love to counsel people,I love to motivate people and you should see my when I am doing this. I always have this cool feeling in my heart,and I love it.
    I also wrote an article on this topic,you should check it out on my blog.Thanks.
    Love you blog BTW

    www.ladysusanne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loves it! Especially because she mentions that even if you're not leaving your main source of income,do something else on the side "diversify your income". You never know what sticks

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.