Wednesday, July 10, 2013

How to Cook Asparagus in a Gizzard and Tomato Sauce

Posted in: , , ,

Asparagus is becoming one of my favorite vegetables, though I feel guilty sometimes when I use them in my own recipes. I just feel like I should only use asparagus in the classic recipes like asparagus stuffed chicken, or asparagus wrapped in bacon, that sort of thing.

However, I feel like I can either eat it simply steamed or grilled, or add asparagus to any meal, it tastes good, and doesn't have an over-powering flavor. In this recipe, I add it to a sauteed gizzard in a chopped tomato sauce.

Ingredients

Asparagus,
2 table spoons vegetable oil,
1 onion,
3 tomatoes,
1 habanero pepper - all chopped,
1 maggi cube and salt to taste.

Saute your gizzard on meduim heat and one teaspoon of oil for 20mins

Cut the Asparagus stalks into bite size pieces


Add the tomatoes, pepper and onions to the gizzards

Allow to simmer for 5mins

Add the maggi cube and spices and salt to taste


Your food is ready. 

You can eat this sauce with rice, couscous, steamed or boiled potatoes or on it's own. Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Looks really yummy. Would try it out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks inviting!
    Never had the guts to prepare asparagus but with this recipe, i will definitely give it a try.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.