Monday, August 5, 2013

Dear Myne - My Igbo Boyfriend Doesn't Like My Polygamous Family

Posted in: , ,

I am very happy to have come across your post about someone being happily married to an Igbo man as I am on the same path. I am Yoruba and him and I have made up our minds to get married but now he feels afraid that his people will not accept me because of my mother's polygamist life style. Really I am very saddened by this. I just need attention and advice on this. Truly, I hope to get help on this.



6 comments:

  1. You are not on the same path! Myne and her hubby are both Igbo. You want to go into an inter-tribal marriage. Oh your Mum is a polygamist? That will be a worry for them. But if they like you and you show you're properly brought up, they may forget all that and accept you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. I think she's referring to this post - http://www.romancemeetslife.com/2013/01/dear-myne-i-am-happily-married-to-igbo.html

      And Atala is actually Yoruba while I'm from Asaba.

      Delete
    2. Oh Myne, didn't know your hubby was Yoruba. Nice.

      Delete
  2. The handwriting is on the wall. He cannot speak for his family to you when he's not ready to confront them. That means he agrees with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand what 'polygamist lifestyle' means. Can someone please explain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's probably married more than once and has children for different men.

      Delete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.