Thursday, August 8, 2013

Dear Myne - Who Should Pay Her Travelling Costs to See My Parents?

Posted in: ,

This was a conversation I had on Facebook with someone who needed advice. His girlfriend who he has dating long distance for almost a year lives in Uganda and he lives in Nigeria. It is now time to see each other and the issue of who pays their travel tickets have come up. Please share your thoughts.


Guy
Hi myne

Myne Whitman
Hello

Guy
Pls help me wit dis problem

Myne Whitman
what is it?

Guy
I and my babe had misunderstanding

Myne Whitman
ok?

Guy
I asked her to tell me how much she's earning in her place of work, she now said that I've no respect

Myne Whitman
why did you want to know?

Guy
B'coz I asked her to travel, she nw say she has no money while she's working

Myne Whitman
Asked her to travel to where?

Guy
To Nigeria

Myne Whitman
why?

Guy
For an introduction to my family

Myne Whitman
I think you should pay for that.

Guy
For her ticket?

Myne Whitman
If she wants you to, yes. Does she know what the trip is about?

Guy
Of course she knows but i want her to do that by herself

Myne Whitman
Well, unless you cannot afford it, then you tell her.
Where are you?

Guy
Nigeria and she is in Uganda

Myne Whitman
Are you both Nigerian?

Guy
No we're not
I'm Nigerian and she's Ugandan

Myne Whitman
I think you should pay for her

Guy
Thanks

THREE DAYS LATER

Guy
Gud evening

Myne Whitman
hello

Guy
Pls i need your help

Myne Whitman
have you resolved your issues?

Guy
No that's why i need your help
it is getting out of hand, i don't want to lose her and she's far from me

Myne Whitman
so what do you want me to do?

Guy
Help me talk to her plz
She's even online

Myne Whitman
What do you want me to tell her?

Guy
To put her through dat relationship is not about money but love and trust

Myne Whitman
If ou are talking about getting married, money is very important

Guy
I know but we can come together and build a happy family

Myne Whitman
But how will you come together if you won't even pay her transport?

Guy
She has to do dat by herself in order for me to believe her
If truly she makes it, then i'll transport her back

Myne Whitman
hmm...then tell her that
or you can pay for her to come, then she pays to go back?

Guy
Alright, but she doesn't even want to hear me out and i don't want to fall a victim




11 comments:

  1. Myne I support your stand. He should man up and pay jare

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy is a jonzer. Can you imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's not serious. She should pay her own air flight from Uganda to come meet HIS OWN parents in Nigeria? LOL. Some men are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is this guy for real?! i think he must have just been your legs Myne because not even a myopic reasoning guy would think this way

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kikikikikikikikik. @ the comments
    For real doe is this dude a learner, the babe shud not pay any money for the transport. If you are serious go and find the money. Its your type that will get married and ur wife will have to be helping you pay half the rent.

    Shameless
    Omo man up and get real

    ReplyDelete
  6. This guy is really annoying, I hope she does leave him. Something as trivial as money you would allow to introduce malice into your union. You are a MAN why are you counting her pockets. I wish I knew this babe I would tell her to run. You sound so selfish and immature, so she should pay to visit YOUR parents??? Is like asking guest to pay to attend your wedding. You should desire to pay for her, especially upon meeting your folks. I wish my fiancé would ask me to pay for my ticket, once I mention it to my relations the wedding be off.

    Please don't pay!!!! So she will hopefully leave you. This is just a preview of what you will argue about during marriage. It's so stupid to be performing these trivial test at this STAGE and if you think she is using you for money. Maybe you shouldn't be marrying her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi. sorry, i had to use this means to comment on this, usually, i can't get to comment until someone else has commented, i don't know why.
    nice responses you gave there but i really have to add some more.
    Before i continue, i'll like to ask Guy, who wants her to come see his parents? is she the one clamouring to come down or is he inviting her?
    anyway, wether she is choosing to come or he is inviting her, he us supposed to foot her bills. he is asking her now to pay for her flight tickets next, he would ask her to take care of her accomodation and feeding. i don't what their relationship is based on, but he really has to wake up to reality. if she is choosing to take care of her flight tickets, he should appreciate it but not mandate her to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to see i am not the only one who thinks this guy is unserious and probably a gold-digger himself..how far with asking for her salary? YOu are asking a lady to leave the comforts of her family and country to come see you and you can't even pay the fare? You didnt know you were conducting international love? Mscheew
    If at this stage you can be thinking she is a user then why do you want to marry her? See cheapness

    ReplyDelete
  9. Myne you get patience o. I can't deal with people like this

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stingy ass. This guy has no business been in a relationship let alone talking marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh,babe pls run oh! I had a suitor that wanted me to visit but was too cheap to pay my transport. On top wanted me to cook buy fruits with MY MONEY. He had a lot of ideas on,how I should look but was not ready to pay

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.