Thursday, August 8, 2013

Yes To The Dress - Jamila's Wedding Story Featuring Allure 9025

Posted in: , ,

Jamila is a Muslim, and for her wedding dress, she wanted a modest gown, especially around the neckline. In her search for the perfect wedding dress in magazines, online, and in stores, she fell in love with the Allure 9025. Jamila's mermaid gown has delicate lace applique all over, and the crystal and pearl embellished bodice has a high scooped neckline that flows into lovely cap sleeves. Enjoy her journey to the dress below.

Full name- Jamila Umoru nee Musa

Married to Ibrahim Umoru

Early life - I come from a family of 6. Was born in Kaduna, also spent my first 16 years there...

Where do I live - Currently live in Lagos

Eductional qualification- Bsc- Economics (Igbinedion University) Msc- Energy economics (University of Dundee, Scotland)

Occupation- Public Servant (work in the Telecomms Industry)

Hobbies- Travelling, reading, music, baking

Language- English and hausa

State of origin- Nasarrawa

How did you meet your husband?

After I finished University in 2008, I travelled to do my masters in University of Dundee.. While I was there, I met and became friends with a guy named Nsemeke who was flatmates with Ibrahim. Even though I had seen Ibrahim around a couple of times, it was just a cordial relationship. I was closer to his flatmate (Nsemeke) so used to go to their house a lot. Ibrahim was always not around. Then one day while I was at their place (Nsemeke invited me for lunch-Eba and Afang), Ibrahim came back, we gisted, exchanged pins, started a friendship and from there we started dating.

How did your husband propose?

It was my birthday (July 3rd, 2012) and it started with a cake delivered to my office. After work, he came to pick me and we went for dinner at a restaurant. After dinner, we got into the car, he gave me my birthday gifts and then brought out the most beautiful ring ever! I was stunned! The exact words he used was 'will you do me the honor of becoming the mother of my children'?.. I burst into tears and of course said YES.

How did you know your wedding dress was the one?

Well because of my religion, I had to get a pretty decent dress that was not too exposing. I checked all over and didn't see anyone which called out to me. I saw an advert about a bridal store- Imani Swank in a mag, walked into their store couldn't find what I wanted there then they gave me a catalog for allure bridals. Immediately I saw 9025 I knew it was the dress. It was so beautiful and I did not waste time in ordering it. When it arrived and I tried it on, it was a perfect fit and all I ever wanted.

How was your wedding day? Anything you would do over if you had the chance?

My wedding day was everything I wanted it to be right from the traditional ceremony in Kaduna to the Nikkai ceremony and  reception afterwards in Lagos.

If I could do anything all over again...it would be to decide on the song I wanted for my first dance and do the dance all over again.

What do you think is the “key” to a successful relationship?

The key to a successful relationship is loads and loads of patience.. And realising that marriage is about a whole lot of compromise.. After the honeymoon phase, its true friendship that keeps the marriage.


More about Allure 9025


___________
Imani Swank Bridals and Special Occasions are the authorised retailers of Allure Bridals, Mori Lee and Tari Nolan Bridal brands in Nigeria.
Address: 23A Emma Abimbola Cole Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Customer Lines: 08174694857, 08170038986
Website: www.imaniswank.com




3 comments:

  1. The dress is beautiful! I wanted to see more pictures of the bride though, lovely wedding story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be nice to know the price too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaaw Beautiful Story... Was at the wedding. Lovely Couple. God bless your marriage Jamila with all the fruits of marriage. Amin

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.