Friday, September 6, 2013

Good Guys and the Friend Zone: Fact or Fiction?

Posted in: , ,

By Eky Shirley

This is a sequel to Good girls like bad guys; Fact or Fiction?

I have to mention that it was sparked by a conversation I had with a certain young man (a good guy, I`d like to think), on Saturday night. He had not even seen the previous post but it was the subject of our discourse. He, is of the opinion that girls no longer want gentlemen, bu prefer 'thugs with money'. Furthermore, that gentlemen are quickly relegated to the FRIENDZONE.

I am of the opinion that many guys get 'Friendzoned' because they do not speak up. Mayhaps (I love old English), they have dropped hints that went ignored; then they keep being a friend in the hope that, someday she`ll have an epiphany and you'll just appear before her in mental TV screen, with Boyz II Men`s 'I Finally Know' playing in the background. If so, wake up dear brother; that happens mostly in the movies. You have heard the idiom"the best place to hide is in plain sight", right?

However, his arguments got me playing devil`s advocate with myself. What if truly we have come to abhor true gentle-manliness and treat it with disdain? How come many young men who still know and practice chivalry, can't get the girl they want, but watch her fall for the wrong sort of guy; only to have her come cry on their shoulders, when it topples like a game of Dominoes? Have we as a society, truly lost all value for decency and etiquette?

Girls and guys, let me know your opinions please. You know I look forward to learning from you.

_________

I'm a young lady who likes heated discussions. Also check out my blog for more hot topics.



6 comments:

  1. Oh, Please!
    If you're just being nice to a girl so she can date you, then NEWS FLASH you are not really a nice guy. You're just trying to turn women into atm machines where niceness = sex, and bitter when it doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know... a guy could just be nice to a grl just to be.... nice... ever thought about that?

      Delete
  2. Lol, me I like the good guys oh! In fact I love them well! Where are they sef? Bad guy oshi wo? Me I've had my fair share of bad guys and good guys, and I think I'll stick with them good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "guys get 'Friendzoned' because they do not speak up" This is true.girls are not mind readers. If you think you are a nice guy and you like a girl SPEAK UP. I love nice guys not those hood rats lurking around. And yea, some girls love guys with bad behavior and say the good guys are too nice.. I do not know what they mean by that. If a guy is nice, God fearing, and all those good stuffs what is the problem ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...many guys get 'Friendzoned' because they do not speak up". Many, but not all...maybe not even many. Believe it or not, there are some girls who friendzone us because they like the attention they KNOW they'll get from us if they keep us around, knowing full and well how we feel about them. Yes, some guys need to speak up, but some girls need to not lead guys on endlessly to feed their ego.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.