Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Bloody Chunk by Uche Peter Umez

Posted in: , ,

I knew his kind. I also knew he’d come over to my table, so I didn’t look up when he said, ‘May I?’
‘Enjoy,’ I replied, sipping my drink.

‘Hm, Chapman.’

I turned – yet another lusty playboy, though all I could think of was a bloody chunk. ‘I’m not the kind of woman you’d want to have in bed.’

‘You can’t be too sure.’

‘I’m different, I mean it.’

He appraised me with a smile. ‘Your body doesn’t show it.’

I almost smiled back, but didn’t want to scare him off right away. ‘You haven’t seen me undressed.’

He leaned back in his chair. ‘I’ll like to spend the night with you, what will it cost?’

‘Your life.’

He sat up at once. ‘Excuse me?’

I simply emptied my glass of Chapman, then told him, ‘I never joke when I’m hunting.’ It was then that I smiled, and he noticed my teeth, a set that could carve your neck in bits.

_______

Read More Uche Peter Umez - http://ucheumez.sentinelpoetry.org.uk/



1 comment:

  1. HMmm, can't tell if this interest me or not, I will click the link to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.