Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Angelina Jolie Vs Gwyneth Paltrow on Whether Celeb or Regular Moms Have it Easier

Posted in: , , ,

Angelina Jolie admitted in a new interview that she is aware that she has more support and financial means than most women, which goes a long way in her ease of parenting. Angelina Jolie is mother to her six children with Brad Pitt: son Maddox, 12, son Pax, 10, daughter Zahara, 9, daughter Shiloh, 7, son Knox, 5, and daughter Vivienne, 5. The three oldest are adopted, and all are homeschooled and travel everywhere with either of the famous couple.


The actress told the New York Daily News;

"I’m not a single mom with two jobs trying to get by every day. I have much more support than most people, most women in this world. And I have the financial means to have a home and health care and food. When I feel I’m doing too much, I do less, if I can. And that’s why I’m in a rare position where I don’t have to do job after job. I can take time when my family needs it. I actually feel that women in my position, when we have all at our disposal to help us, shouldn’t complain. Consider all the people who really struggle and don’t have the financial means, don’t have the support, and many people are single raising children. That’s hard."

Angelina Jolie's comments are coming not long after Gwyneth Paltrow raised certain eyebrows by saying that she struggles to maintain her film career while raising children in a recent interview with E! News.

"It's much harder for me. I think it's different when you have an office job, because it's routine and, you know, you can do all the stuff in the morning and then you come home in the evening. When you're shooting a movie, they're like, 'We need you to go to Wisconsin for two weeks,' and then you work 14 hours a day and that part of it is very difficult. I think to have a regular job and be a mom is not as… of course there are challenges, but it's not like being on set."

 For me, while I understand where Gwyneth Paltrow is coming from, I tend to agree more with Angelina Jolie, sufficient finances and a supoortive partner go a long way to help in parenting and raising well-rounded kids.

Who do you agree with more?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.