Sunday, July 20, 2014

Jillian Michaels Left Biggest Loser Because of People Badmouthing Her to Her Daughter

Posted in: ,

Jillian Michaels has again left NBC's The Biggest Loser, after returning as a trainer for the last two seasons because "people have this warped negative perception" of her. 

The fitness guru says it's begun to infect her family life with her partner Heidi Rhoades and their children, 4-year-old daughter Lukensia and 2-year-old son Phoenix.

Michaels told the story of how she picked up her daughter from camp, and someone had told her, "I know who your mom is -- she's a cheater. I saw it on TV."

This past season, she was accused of cheating because she allowed her Loser team to take caffeine pills.

Despite that, Jillian insists she doesn't have any bad blood with the show, and wants fans to know she hasn't gotten too big for her britches.

"I don't want fans to think I feel like I'm too big for the show or that I'm seeking greener pastures. I'm so grateful to the show and so sad to leave," she said. However, she also mentioned "some fundamental differences [with Loser's producers] that have existed for a while." Namely, the way she has increasingly been portrayed in recent seasons, and how that image has been affecting her young family.

"In the beginning of the show it was tough love. You saw the tough, and you saw the love," Michaels said, before lamenting that more recently the show seemed to focus on her harshness, rather than the help she offered clients. "You saw none of the relationships, none of the bonds that I build with my clients," she said.

She also said she was hurt by commentators on TV shows quipping about "what kind of mom I must be."

The controversial win by Rachel Frederickson last season - the contestant lost 60% of her body weight - was the last straw for Michaels, who said,

"I had to take a hard look at my work ... I came to the conclusion that moving forward, I need to be able to have an impact on the outcome of what I do. I realized that if I am the face of something, if I benefit from it, then I have to take responsibility for the good and the bad.'

What do you make of Jillian's decision, will you leave a job if people start talking about you to your children in bad ways because of it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.