Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Man Who Died Of Ebola In Lagos Was Going To Join His Wife and Children in America

Posted in: , , ,

Patrick Sawyer, the man who recently died of Ebola in Lagos, is also an American citizen, and he has a wife, Decontee Sawyer, and three daughters in Minnesota.

In an interview with KSTP, Decontee spoke on how sad she was that their three young daughters will never get to know their father more.
“I don’t want all of this to be for nothing. I have three girls who will never get to know their father.”
The man lived in Minnesota for about a decade before moving back to Liberia in 2008 but he still visited regularly. In fact Patrick Sawyer was scheduled to join his family in Minnesota this August to celebrate two of his daughters’ birthdays.

Related - Find out how to protect yourself and family from Ebola




Decontee also lamented on how easy it was to think that Ebola is a problem on the other side of the world, but that is not entirely correct, and she hopes the death of husband serves as a wake-up call.

“It’s a global problem because Patrick could’ve easily come home with Ebola. Easy. Easy. It’s close, it’s at our front door. It knocked down my front door.”

“This can happen anymore. I don’t want any more families going through what I’m going through. So I pray, and then I’m ready to fight.”




No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.