Thursday, July 24, 2014

Paris Hilton Opens Up On Her Sex Tape, Marriage, Friends And Growing Up Rich

Posted in: , ,

As a teenager Paris Hilton dated boyfriend, Rick Salomon, who filmed a sex tape with her, for several years. That tape later went viral under the title 1 Night in Paris after it was released in 2004.

"It was devastating because that was someone I was with for a few years. I don't think I'll ever be able to fully trust any man again after that. It was just the most hurtful and awful thing that anyone could do to a little girl. I was very young, it wasn't my fault."

It has been suggested that it was Paris Hilton that allowed the tape to go public as a publicity stunt for her reality TV show The Simple Life she has always denied this is the case, saying, "If I was going to do something like that I would look hot. I looked gross in that video."


The Telegraph UK further reports;

She pays no attention to her critics these days. "If people want to be mean, that's their problem. It used to be really hurtful. I would call and cry to my mom all the time but now I just laugh." She has also become better at working out who her true friends are. "So many people have bad intentions, so many girls want to hang out [with me] to be someone. I weed those people out of my life. I call them hungry tigers."

As a child growing up in Beverly Hills, Hilton always knew the import of her surname. "At school kids would be like, 'Oh my God, you own Hilton hotels, you're so rich.' As I turned into my teens I realised I wanted to do something, I didn't want to be a trust-fund kid." Her relatives, particularly her grandfather, had a big impact on her. "Watching all these men create those empires was so inspiring. I observed and paid attention. From a young age I knew I wanted to do big things."

When she was 15, Hilton's family moved to New York, where she fell under the laser gaze of Donald Trump, who decided she would be just the person to help launch his new modelling agency. "He called my dad and said, 'Your daughter is gorgeous. I'd love her to be my first model.' My mom and dad were like, 'No way.' So I called Donald myself and said, 'Don't listen to them. Let's do this.'" I ask if her parents were angry. "A little bit but then they saw I was getting my school work done and being responsible."

Her parents, she says, have always been supportive and she is still close to them: her mother calls her several times a day (at least twice while I am with her) and they all dine together once a week.

"I had the most amazing childhood," says Hilton, hugging her knees to her chest. "My parents have been together since my mom was 15. In Hollywood almost everyone's divorced. My friends would come to my house and see this perfect family and I realised how lucky I was. Now, when I'm looking for a guy, I'm always thinking of someone who is like my dad: a loyal person with a good heart, because that's all that matters in life."

She refers often to the day "when I have a family" and longs for children - but not yet. "I wouldn't have time right now… I'm only in LA maybe 20 per cent of the time. I wish I was here more."

Her home, she says, is her "sanctuary" and, given the choice between an evening out or in, says the latter is more appealing. "I love to cook for myself - my mom taught me how to cook lasagnes and pastas and bake."
She believes her businesses are so successful because her fans (she has 12.8 million followers on Twitter ) want "to buy a piece of me. It's like a kind of Barbie American dream. I have that childlike quality so a lot of little girls especially [like me]. I've always been a kid at heart. I think I always will be."

A big believer in astrology, Hilton says she is a true Aquarian. "We are social butterflies, humanitarians, geniuses: Einstein was one." It takes a lot of self-control not to poke fun here. But even if she and Einstein have little in common, Hilton could easily have been nothing more than a socialite. She could have married one of her Greek heirs, smiled prettily for the cameras and wanted for nothing in life. That she refuses to settle for this says something for her.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.