Tuesday, July 15, 2014

True Love Letter - After 61 Years Marriage, He Hasn't Found Any Woman to Compare to His Wife

Posted in: , , , ,

For their 61st anniversary this year, 87-Year-Old Bob Phillips decided to write his wife Gail, a love letter and publish it in their local newspaper, the Charlotte Observer. He wrote:

Dear Gail,
I look at newspaper pictures of new brides every Sunday. I’m searching. I want to see if there is now or ever will be another bride as lovely as you. Been doing that since June 27, 1953.

Actually, I already know the answer. There is not — and never will be to me – your equal in loveliness. On our wedding day you were the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. The delightful truth is that you still are.

Happy anniversary, sweetheart. You’ve made me and you keep me the happiest and most grateful husband any bride could ever know. I’d gladly welcome another 61 years of marriage with you. Beyond that I pray we will spend eternity together.

All my love, Bob

According to WBTV which interviewed the couple after they saw the love letter in the newspapers, Bob Phillips admits though he might be romantic now, his proposal to Gail wasn't the most romantic.

"I had taken her home and before she got out of the car, I said 'Gail will you marry me?' That was it. How's that for romantic?"

In 61 years that might have been the one and only time Bob wasn't romantic.

But Gail said yes. 61 years later, she hasn't regretted it for a second. Every day they shower each other with affection. He showers her with beautiful words that come from his heart. Bob says in the interview;

"My years with her have been for better or for worse, but worse with her is better than better with anybody else."

So you see, this man is real!  His wife Gail attests, and says he has never had a problem sharing his feelings about her, though sometimes she doesn't feel like she deserves it.

"Sometimes it's overwhelming because I don't feel like I come up to the mark sometimes."

His answer?

"Way over. Way over the mark."

As for the brides he's searched every Sunday for 61 years, not a one yet has been as lovely as his. But he says he's found two who come close.

Did I hear you ask why can't all men be like Bob and love their women so openly and so sweetly? LOL...

Check out the video to see Bob and Gail and the two women who have even come close to being as lovely as Bob remembers his pretty bride.

WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.