Sunday, August 17, 2014

Covers - Arianna Grande Tells Billboard, "My Mom Thought I Might Grow Up To Be A Serial Killer"

Posted in: ,

Arianna Grande's follow-up album, My Everything, will be released Aug. 25, and the three singles that precede the album have a different sound from her 90's infused R&B debut Yours Truly.

This new album is more forward looking, going by the collaborations with young, and currently popular artistes in the already released singles. There's "Problem" with Iggy Azalea, "Break Free" with Zedd, "Bang Bang" with Nicki Minaj and Jessie J.

In her cover interview with Billboard magazine, the 21-year-old singer says she was "a very weird little girl" while growing up. Her mother feared she would become a serial killer.

"Dark and deranged. I always wanted to have skeleton face paint on or be wearing a Freddy Krueger mask, and I would carry a hockey stick around. I was like a mini-Helena Bonham Carter." Sitting in the cavelike lounge we’ve retreated to in downtown L.A., she looses a throaty, almost maniacal laugh. "For my fifth birthday party we had a Jaws theme and all my friends left crying. I mean, I still am that way. But when I was little it was more concerning. There was a stage, when I was 3 or 4, where my mom thought I might grow up to be a serial killer."







No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.