Saturday, August 2, 2014

Kelly Rowland Confirms She is Having a Baby Boy, Shares Pregnancy Advice

Posted in: , ,

Pregnant Kelly Rowland accidentally confirmed the gender of her baby during an interview where the singer was discussing the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards, where the video for her song Dirty Laundry was nominated.

The overjoyed mother-to-be let it slip that she and her husband/manager Tim Witherspoon are expecting a little boy. She also talked about gifts for her baby and pregnancy advice from Beyonce and other mommy-friends.

“We’re very excited. So far, everything has been good. I just feel like the baby is already rotten–like literally, my Caress family has gotten him all of his little bathing stuff, his toys–it’s just so cool.”

When Kelly realized that she had revealed more news than she had intended, she sighed heavily and laughed, “It, it’s…aw, f--k it! It’s a boy. It’s a boy!”

Kelly turned to her rep, asking her to place an emergency call to her husband. “Can you please tell him that I spilled the beans?” Kelly looked down and caressed her growing bump. “I’m sorry, baby,” she said, laughing. “But yes, it’s very exciting.”

When asked if BFF Beyonce had any advice for the mom-to-be, Kelly was coy. “All my girls have given me advice,” she said diplomatically. “I have a wonderful crew of girlfriends. As women, we’re powerful, and women have been so supportive. They always have such nice things to say, whether it’s ‘Oh my gosh, you look so nice,’ or giving me different advice, and that feels good.”

Kelly shared some of her unnamed friends' helpful hints on motherhood. “One girlfriend told me to make sure that I do not forget about my husband. She’s like, ‘That’s how the baby got here.’ The other one said that I should make sure that I don’t get obsessed with ‘mommy, mommy, mommy’ conversation. There’s a life outside of it, and you have to remember your life there, too. And just knowing my power as a woman, going into this whole birthing situation. People have done it for years!”

The former Destiny's Child star and her husband have been busy feathering the nest. “My baby’s nursery is fly,” Kelly said proudly. “I just wanted it to feel like a comfortable museum. Almost loft-y like. It’s just looks really cool. He’s got these huge pieces of artwork. It’s just really fresh.”

Kelly also revealed that her son may have a musical bent, as he responds with movement when they play her music. “When you play music, period,” she explained. “But really to hip-hop right now!”

Via FOX411



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.