Thursday, October 23, 2014

Melissa Rivers Inherits $100 Million From Mother Joan Rivers Estate

Posted in: ,

Melissa Rivers has inherited the bulk of her late mother Joan Rivers' estate, $75 million in cash and the income from $35 million condo on New York's Upper East Side.

The inheritance was confirmed by an insider to Us Weekly. They add that Melissa's son and Joan's grandson Cooper, 13, also received his own bequest.


The news comes just days after it was confirmed that the comedian trailblazer and E! Fashion Police host's cause of death last month was from surgery complications.

Joan Rivers was known to be a hard worker, and her net worth was rumored to be around $150 million. Between her acting, and comedy gigs, her investment in real estate, her Fashion Police salary, and her reported $1 billion of merchandise sales on QVC alone.

Joan Rivers is known to have once quipped about her wealth;

 “I could pull my living in and live OK, but I don’t want to live OK.”

 “I’m very happy to live in my penthouse, very happy I can pick up a check, very happy to have a great life, and be able to spread my wealth a little bit.”

Of course, some of Joan Rivers’ net worth must have gone back to the government in the form of taxes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.