Thursday, October 2, 2014

Transsexual Wants To Go Back To Being A Man, Tired Of Makeup and High Heels

Posted in: ,

Chelsea Attonley, 30, was born a boy and called Matthew, but as she grew older she believed should have been a woman. Now she says she’s tired of putting on make-up and wearing heels, and accepts that she should always have stayed a man.

Chelsea had a taxpayers-funded gender reassignment surgery in 2007 that cost the NHS £10,000 to transform her into a woman. Since then, however, she has been more and more unhappy with her life as a woman, and now wishes to go back and become a man again. That will require another £14,000 to do so, and Chelsea also wants the NHS to foot the bill.

'I have always longed to be a woman, but no amount of surgery can give me an actual female body and I feel like I am living a lie. It is exhausting putting on make-up and wearing heels all the time. Even then I don't feel I look like a proper woman. I suffered from depression and anxiety as a result of the hormones too.

I have realized it would be easier to stop fighting the way I look naturally and accept that I was born a man physically. Now I have decided I want to live as Matthew, I am desperate to have my FF-cup boobs removed.

I can't afford to have them done privately, so I am hoping to have the op on the NHS. I can't work at the moment because I am too upset after what I have been through. I am considering having penis reconstruction too. I don't feel bad about the NHS paying for the surgery as I don't consider it a choice.I need to have these operations for the sake of my mental health. I am lucky enough to live in a country where there is free health care.'

'If people criticise me for wanting treatment on the NHS, it does not bother me. I know I need these changes to make me happy and no one should deny me that.'


Chelsea told Dailymail she has already had testosterone injections to begin her transition to becoming a man again by stimulating growth of masculine body hair and she has also cut her long hair.

Do you think Chelsea should have her surgery funded on the NHS?



2 comments:

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.