Sunday, November 30, 2014

RML Woman - Aloted Omoba - Business Analyst and Super Working Mum

Posted in: , ,

Aloted is a long time blogger who has transitioned her passion of helping women into being an author and enterpreneur. With a full-time job, she still manages her home and children in addition to managine her growing business. In this exclusive interview, she tells us how it all started and how she pulls it all together.

Q: First off, tell us about yourself and what you do.
I am married to my lovely husband and we have two children a 5 year old daughter and 1+ year old son. I am a business analyst by profession and work with corporate IT organisations to help them improve their business processes. I also run Super Working Mum where I help working mums particularly Christian mums who are overwhelmed achieve balance and fulfilment in their lives whilst still honouring God through their values.

Q: What was your first job?
My first job was an internship I did during my third year at the age of 19. I had to interview various small business owners on the street as part of a research the University was doing then. I can’t remember what the research was about however I do remember that I enjoyed the experience and getting paid at the end of it was the highlight. That was probably the first time I was getting paid for anything and I remember sending part of my earnings to my siblings.

Q: Is what you are doing now remotely like what your 16 year old self thought you would be?
Interesting question. Well at 16 I knew I wanted to study Computer Science and I am very much still using my Computer Science skills as a Business Analyst. However I never knew that at this present day, I would be passionate about helping mums want to achieve more in their lives or that I would have written my second book titled Super Working Mum or that something called Super Working Mum would be born. I didn’t see that coming J

Q: Who inspires you?
First of all, my mother. She was a working mum (she is retired now) and was able to raise 4 children with the help of my dad. It still amazes me till today that she bagged her master’s degree from the University of Edinburgh with three toddlers under 5 with not much domestic help. How she did it, only God knows.

Second, women out there who are still fulfilling their dreams and passion whilst managing a family also inspire me.


Q: How does social networking help you? What social networks do you use?
Social networking has helped me reach a large audience of women/mums all over the world I never knew I could reach. I have connected with so many people and have formed strong relationships with women that I haven’t met in person. That’s the power of social networking.
I use Facebook a lot, a bit of Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest and my blog.

Q: Everyone has a favourite though, what is your favourite social network?
It has to be Facebook. I run a Facebook group for my mums and there are over 2,600 members in there. So I am constantly on Facebook.

Q: Life balance is important. Do you take time-out from online are always connected?
Yes I do and I need to do it more. Sundays are my day off from social media, I might add in Saturday soon J. Too much of everything, as they say is bad.

Q: What is your favourite item of clothing and why?
I tend to feel cold even in warm weather, which is why I don’t leave the house without my pashmina. It always comes in handy. I either use as a scarf round my neck when I am on the go or to cover my legs when sitting down.


Q: What’s your personal motto?
“I am a scientist and I do not fail. I only experiment.”

This has helped me deal with things that don’t seem to work out and to not let fear of failure stop me from trying out something new. If something doesn’t work, it doesn’t mean I am a failure, it means I found one less way not to do something. I go back to the drawing board and try something new.

Q: What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
Vaniila and chocolate chip cookie.

Q: What is the first thing you bought with your first proper pay cheque?
I didn’t buy anything with my first proper pay cheque. I remember giving a First fruit offering in church to thank God for providing the new job in a miraculous way, and I sent the rest home to my parents, grandmother, aunty and cousins. That's probably one of the most selfless, bravest and most rewarding thing I have done in my life.

Q: If we looked in your handbag right now, what would we find?
A notebook and pen, my mobile phone and earphones, my wallet, my makeup bag, my umbrella (it’s been raining loads), a snack, a book and chewing gum.

Q: If you were a super hero what would your power be?
My power will be the ability to encourage people especially women to be MORE. There are lots of hurting, depressed and demotivated people in the world.

Aloted's book Super Working Mum, Living and Loving life to the fullest is available on Amazon at these links;

Amazon US - http://bit.ly/swmbookus;

Amazon UK- http://bitly.com/swmbookuk



2 comments:

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.