Saturday, January 17, 2015

American Sniper Chris Kyle On Death, Killing, War and Family

Posted in: ,

Chris Kyle is the real  former Navy SEAL whose story is told in Hollywood blockbuster 'American Sniper'. So far the movie has received six Oscar nominations, including "Best Picture" and "Best Acting" for Bradley Cooper.

Chris Kyle is regarded as the most lethal sniper in U.S. military history based on the numbers of people killed. Chris Kyle himself wrote a book about this experiences and shares his thoughts on war, death, family.

On death
"Every person I killed I strongly believe that they were bad. When I do go face God there is going to be lots of things I will have to account for but killing any of those people is not one of them."

On killing
"It was my duty to shoot the enemy, and I don't regret it. My regrets are for the people I couldn't save: Marines, soldiers, buddies. I'm not naive, and I don't romanticize war. The worst moments of my life have come as a SEAL. But I can stand before God with a clear conscience about doing my job."

On war
"War is hell. Hollywood fantasizes about it and makes it look good... war sucks."

On family
"I'm just trying to be the me that I am and not all of this other crap. I just want to be the family man, and if somehow I can make the money to get my ranch and get the hell away from everybody else, that would be awesome."

Read more - Brainy Quote.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.