Monday, July 20, 2015

Photos - Buhari Meets President Obama In The White House Oval Office

Posted in: , ,

President Buhari and his delegation are currently in the United States and they met with President Obama, VP Joe Biden in the White House Oval Office today. yesterday, they were visited by former US Secretary of State, Madeline Albright at the Blair House where the Nigerian president and his entourage are staying. I am kind of disappointed that there seems to be no women in the group traveling with the president, but I'll wait before jumping to negative conclusions.

Anyways, ahead of the meeting, Buhari wrote asking for patience as he takes his time to battle Boko Haram and corruption in the country. See an excerpt from his article and photos from the visit below...

"While we work to defeat the terrorists, I ask the people of Nigeria and the world for resolve and fortitude. The campaign we will wage will not be easy; it may not be swift. We should expect stages of success and also moments when it may appear that our advances have been checked. But no one should have any doubt as to the strength of our collective will or my commitment to rid this nation of terror and bring back peace and normalcy to all affected areas.

Similarly, my determination should not be underestimated in other matters. This includes instilling good governance and tackling the scourge of corruption that has held Nigeria back for too long...

I was elected on a platform of change. I know this is what the people of Nigeria desire more than anything else. I know they are impatient for action. I realize the world waits to see evidence that my administration will be different from all those that came before. Yet reforming my country after so many years of abuse cannot be achieved overnight. In our campaigns against both Boko Haram and corruption, we should remain steadfast and remember, as it is said: “Have patience. All things become difficult before they become easy.”

Read full article in the Washington Post
















1 comment:

  1. Nigerians aren't known for their patience, especially towards govt officials and civil servants. I really hope Pres. Buhari delivers on his promises. I really would like to know what would discussed at these meetings

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.