Saturday, August 21, 2010

Picture Weekend - New African Woman

Posted in: , ,
So I got a magazine recently, a woman's magazine. The name is New African Woman. It was courtesy of Belinda Otas who had several articles in it including one in which I appeared, woo hoo...LOL. I was so very excited.

Don't get me wrong. I've appeared on several other magazines and newspaper articles, some full page, especially in Nigeria. But usually, I'll just hear about them from my publicist or friends and family, and maybe a scanned copy. This is my first international press appearance and I was also able to get a physical copy. Myne Whitman and A Heart to Mend in the summer issue of NAW. If you haven't got your copy yet, go out and look for it. The mag is available in major cities around the world.














Yeah, and another reason I was excited to get the magazine was this. The fashion. I need to go back to women's magazines seriously. Especially as I had been moaning about my lack of fashion sense and style. I had a subscription to True Love WA (now FLAIR) back in Abuja and getting NAW reminded me what I was missing. The inspirational stories, the news, the role models, the fashion, LOL...

Check this page and the new African woman below. Don't mind my geek glasses. Another unwise decision. I should have stuck with my old no-frills.











26 comments:

  1. congrats myne, this is awesome news!!! and your gown is pretty :)suits you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pics are so Cool,yep those glasses,I reserve my comments,your gown is fine,aha where can I get those shoes?
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dey greet o..
    Congrtas Mi Lady!
    I need to tap in to your success o..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress,just published a post inspired by your stylist alert :))

    here's to more success,Myne..Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's some cool news Myne. I am friends with a famous person!!!!
    Yes oh thanks for the self deprecation, which you then offset with that lovely, lovely dress. You don't know what unfashionable is I assure you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Myne, o ga o, ur just on fire sha, may that fire keep burnin (somebody shout AMEN), real happy for u dr.

    I luv that last pic, so classy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Myne. Hope we get to buy that mag in Lagos.

    U look lovely. Keep flying high!

    ReplyDelete
  8. am sooo happy for you myne!....wish you the best of luck...& you look good in the gown but the glasses?...nope!...don't you like contacts?...have a fun filled weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats ma'am!!
    I have a copy of the mag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!!!! Congrats Myne :-) I'm gonna go in search of a copy today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay the glasses aren't great but your style rocks! I love that top - Is it fuschia or red? Can't really tell.

    And that dress - it's lovely. That's a classic sort of style, cos I used to have a similar dress more than twenty years ago, in black and fuschia. You've definitely got the stylish classic bent to a T. Dresses like that never grow old in your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh...and congrats on your profile in NAW. Didn't know of the mag. Will look out for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Myne, more grease to your elbow. I loveeeeeee your dress wish one could steal from a picture..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. woop, woop!!! congrats. love the dress in the second pic

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet... congrats Myne. I love the first pics more. Don't ask why. lol

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats - I tend to agree with LDP on the first pic... Geeks can be cool too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The men love the glasses, the women love the dress, lol. Thanks everyone for all the lovely comments.

    Shona has the mag already! You go girl.

    Ms O...Hmmm, I'll be calling on you o.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Naijalines, the top is red. The color and those summery flowers on the breast got my attention and I decided to buy. It's one of my better choices and a good price too.

    The dress was custom made in Nigeria by a friend/designer in Asaba. She had a tailoring shop and a line of clothes. I came back with quite a few lovely clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Myne nwanne, you're going places oh!! Congrats dear, may doors continue to be opened unto you. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Myne congrats and much more is even coming for u.
    Hav a fab week

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats ma'am. more feathers to your cap.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wat do u mean the glasses look good...and definitely goin asaba love the dress well done !1

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks dearies. I say Amen o, and pray good things and greatness for all of us too.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.