Monday, January 16, 2012

Blogger now supports Nested or Threaded Comments

Posted in:
According to Blogger Buzz, this "means that it is now much easier to differentiate between whether someone is making a general comment on the thread, or responding to another comment on the thread." Who said Blogger was not a listening platform? As you can see, I've changed my template to take advantage of this development. I can now respond to individual comments without doing the whole omnibus thing with @this or @that. And what do you know, you can too! I mean, you can respond to me, or ask someone else to explain their comments. LOL...I look forward to interesting roundtable discussions going forward.

What do you have to do to enable this on your blog? Maybe nothing. Simply check your comments system and you may already be set. If the reply function is still not available, do the following;

1. Check that you have Blogger’s commenting feature enabled,
2. Change “Blog Feed” setting to “Full”, To check, or change your feed settings, select: “Settings, and then “Full” from the “Allow Blog Feed” dropdown:

3. Ensure you are using “Embedded” comments. To check your current comment form setting, select: “Settings, Posts and Comments, and select “Embedded” from the “Comment Location” dropdown:

Once you've done this, you’re all set to start a discussion with your readers. By the way, what do you think of my new template and colors?

See more details on Blogger Buzz



29 comments:

  1. Aaaahhh. You know what? I was asking Didi yesterday how he did it on his blog. I havent checked his response yet, cos this has been my desire tooo. I really like this new development.

    Nice template. I thinks it looks more like a regular blog now. I prefer the previous one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to share the info. Yeah, I agree the other was more like a website, but if blogger is up for business, then let me display their colors :)

      Delete
  2. hmm thank you. I would check it out and work on my own blog.
    www.secretlilies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I think you already have it though.

      Delete
  3. I saw yours and prisms and quickly went to work to know how you did it. Changed my comments box to embedded and voila. Good development. makes replying so easy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stelzz pointed it out to me in my blog and I'v started using it. Thanks dear. I love your new template. The colors are warm and inviting. I've been meaning to work on mine. Hmmmm, maybe i will get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Che, glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish they'd done this a year ago, but at least they're getting a Round Tuit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a welcome development from blogger. I did tire of scrolling up and dowm comment sheets and doing the @XYZ.

    I made use of it my earlier comment and wondered what platform you were using. Knowing, I also knew that you will dish the secret :). you are generous like that. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Ginger dearie. I'm really loving it.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the heads up, Myne. And for the how-to info since I’m terrible at figuring that stuff out. Also, love the new blog look. Pink and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really good...thank you for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ehen!! Something must be working because for the first time ever, your blog opened asap! Not a minute delay....I am going to check this out and see...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the other reason I changed my template, so you and other who had complained can now visit without problems. I'm happy that is sorted too. :)

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing. I'll try working that out on my blog... love your new blog look by the way..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beloved, I hope it works out for you.

      Delete
  12. Wow! It works and its very nice too!!! Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. For some reason it's not working on my blog. I love ur pink background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized that if you have customized your HTML it may not work. That was part of the reason I changed back to a blogger template.

      Delete
  14. I'm liking this new feature a lot. Can direct your comments more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It sure helps the conversation.

      Delete
  15. Thanks for the tip, Myne. I've just added it to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just changed mine :),thanks for showing how to.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.