Saturday, January 14, 2012

Picture Weekend - Christmas Eve at the Seattle Center

Posted in: , ,
Like I said last week, we didn't really get snow in our area last Christmas. However, there are some ways to experience a white Christmas without real snow. On Christmas Eve, we decided to wander into town for a  movie and some sightseeing. I wanted to see the City Center xmas decorations at the Pacific Science Center, and Atala also wanted us to catch Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol at the IMAX Cinema there.


First stop was the Fisher Pavilion for some skating. I had worked as a skating attendant for a couple of winters while I was in Edinburgh and had got on the ice a few times. I was hoping to get Atala to give it a go but he bluntly refused to fall,  which is what you mostly do when you first try to skate. So we'll fall another day :)







There was a cozy display of a miniature town within the Seattle Center House and it was so cute. Everything was covered in white snow like substance and there were a few miniature figures to watch.








After that, we went over to the Fountain area to watch the children play in the water. I later joined them but those kids are sure stronger than I am. Or more carefree sha, I didn't want to get wet. 




On our way back to where the car was parked, we detoured to the EMP (Experience Music Project) Museum which was on the way. Since we didn't have much time, we only browsed the public areas. There are a couple of showings I intend to go back for, including one of AVATAR - The movie.





Oh yeah, we both enjoyed Tom Cruise in Ghost Protocol on the IMAX. He was amazing, even if the movie was just there.



8 comments:

  1. Myne, what a lovely time you had. Love the pics. Looks quite cool, as one would expect over there at Christmas. I love seeing movies at the IMAX, especially those in 3D, like Avatar.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise. I love 3D on IMAX too, Avatar has been my best experience of that so far. The recent Hugo was great too.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you guys had fun. Nice pics. Our snow just started falling actually. Woke up to -19 degrees today.*freezing

    btw, love the new blog look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun, thanks. Snow also just started here finally on Saturday. They say it may last most of the week.

      Delete
    2. Seattle sure looks snowed in. Snow started hereabouts two days ago. sad face. I dont fancy it one bit!
      I would sure love to try out skating one of these days :)..not shy about falls.

      Great makeover!

      Delete
    3. Thank you Ginger. We're almost completely snowed in too right now.

      Delete
  3. I love what you are wearing myne..the whole outfit,color...Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.