Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dynamic Views Now Supports Limited Blogger Gadgets

Posted in:
Profile Gadget

Blogger's Dynamic Views were introduced as a way to catch up to the new direction of the internet - something to do with HTML5 or something like that. I don't know much about these things, but if you've noticed, a lot of web property are adopting a stripped down look which is supposed to make the web faster and all. If you use Google a lot like me, you would have noticed it in Gmail, G+, Youtube, Blogger; and I noticed Amazon is the doing the same, and in their corner, so is Microsoft. Anyway, Dynamic Views was Bloggers front end answer after premiering the new backend sometime last year.

For now, it is still optional, but I can imagine that with time, it may become the only choice available. Don't get me wrong, I like it. I love that it has infinite scrolling and is faster for my readers. I also like that the reader can select various formats by which to interact with my blog. My reluctance to move yet is the minimal customization. Previously, the only thing available to differentiate one blog using Dynamic Views from the other was the background and maybe title font. Not any more.

From the Blogger Buzz website;

As you might expect, we’ve made the gadgets interactive too. Instead of appearing in a panel that consumes valuable real estate on your blog, gadgets now appear in a dock that slides in and out as you move your cursor over them.

Gadgets supported in Dynamic Views include: Blog Archive, Followers, Labels, Profile, Subscribe (a new gadget - automatically present if either Follow By Email or Subscription installed), and Link List. These gadgets make it easier for your readers to navigate your blog (archive, labels), and to follow it (followers and RSS).

If you are currently using a traditional template and change to Dynamic Views, supported gadgets will automatically appear on your blog. Gadgets can be added, removed, and customized from the Layouts tab the same as with any other template.

Followers Gadget

Link List Gadget

Categories Gadget

Archives Gadget

New Subscribe Gadget
______________

Obviously, Blogger is trying to prove that they're a listening service. Previously, Adsense, another Google property, was integrated into the template. The staff of Blogger just updated the Gadget Support to include about six gadgets yesterday. The above pictures are what my blog would look like on the updated Dynamic Views. What do you think? Maybe I'll soon be switching.

How many of you have updated to Dynamic Views? Do you like it so far? Those who haven't moved, are you planning to or will you wait till we're dragged kicking and screaming? LOL...



8 comments:

  1. The template looks cool, but i really do not like it...I hope Blogger stays this way and gives us options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I previewed my blog, using the dynamic views last year, but I decided to just stick with the one I am used to.
    If change is not forced on me, I usually don't accept it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Google shaa. I haven't checked out the dynamic view feature. I'm a bit scared of losing some customizations but i welcome a change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Q: Those who haven't moved, are you planning to or will you wait till we're dragged kicking and screaming?

    A: Yes I am waiting, I personally am indifferent to the dynamic view but all these changes everywher don tire me jo, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips. I'm using classic under dynamic type on my blog but how can i place my meta tags on it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. blogger dynamic views error adsense error

    mahaboobbasha dumb and duff
    kabeer.ma02@gmail.com next video friends

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is very nice and its look more because of the Gadgets and i can also use this technique and whenever i need to remove i customized from the new information technology layouts tab as you said. Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Otherwise nice, but about every 10th time the dynamic views fail to load custom CSS and most parts of the user interface making it impossible for users to navigate the blog: Blogger Dynamic Views fail to load.

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.