Thursday, February 16, 2012

“I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston on Glee

Posted in: , , ,

I just watched this episode of Glee online and I was blown away by the rendition of Whitney Houston's “I Will Always Love You” by Amber Riley's character, Mercedes. Mercedes is in a love triangle and sang the song in this scene with one of the guys that liked her. I'm only watching that episode today because we went out for a movie on Valentine's day when it aired. I watched the full show on the FOX website but you can see the Youtube Clip below.



When I finished watching, I had to go on Youtube to see if I could find the clip, I wanted to listen over and over. Goosebumps just washed over me and the tears that didn't come on Saturday finally escaped. Amber Riley really did the song justice, and her performance is a great tribute to Whitney Houston.

Funny, I read from the Youtube comments that the Glee producers didn’t even plan this as a tribute. The episode had already been taped earlier and fixed for Valentine’s Day, and it just so happened that Whitney Houston died last weekend. This certainly shows how one will always live on through their talent.



3 comments:

  1. all i can say is WOW,i wouldn't say she took it to the next level but she did justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear me! What a beautiful song. Even Dolly Parton who originally sang the song couldn't fault it and I think this ultra talented girl just 'nailed' the song. She done good and I live me some her! lol

    Whitney's life is a lesson in bad choices. Only God knows her soul now. God bless those she's left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!

    she made it seem so effortless...wonder how it would have come out if she really put in her "everything"!

    Double WOW actually!!!

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.