Thursday, December 20, 2012

10 Women and 10 Questions on Relationships

Posted in: ,

Djinee is one of the Nigerian musicians who has been around for a while but not really getting as much attention as the Wizkids of the day. I liked his debut Ego when I was still back in Nigeria and got to know he has some new singles out as well as a website. One of the singles is titled Lover's Rock and in the spirit of the song, Djinee decided to field 10 different questions on dating and love from 10 women. The questions are wide ranging and the answers, IMO, mostly on point. Different strokes indeed, enjoy

Susan: what was the lesson you learnt from your last relationship?

Djinee: To be less protective. With my last relationship I was too protective. Worried about her safety. Probably I was too obsessed. So I learnt to give some space.

Jemila: what do men want in a woman?

Djinee: Different men, different desires. Some men want trophy girlfriends/wives. The beautiful, model look-alike who they can show off to friends like a new car. Some men look out for women to complement them, good cooks, good lovers, good listeners… Different strokes for different folks.

Ijeoma: My boyfriend talks a lot, and it’s embarrassing. How can I get him to shut up when he needs to be?

Djinee: You might cause a fight if you are derogatory and insulting in your correction because anyone, male or female will feel slighted. Correct lovingly like you care what people think about him. Never shut him up in public.

Ayoka: what should a woman look out for in a man when she’s ready to make that final decision to be with him forever?

Djinee: The truth? You will never know. Some people can keep up their acts for years. Encourage your man to be free and make mistakes. Then you’d know what you can and cannot live with. When the man looks too perfect, 9 out of 10 something major is wrong.

Tina: “Lovers’ Rock” is such a beautiful song. I hope songs like that can revive the lost romance in society; can it?

Djinee: Thanks, Tina. Though I didn’t make the song for restoration purposes but I sincerely hope the listener gets to enjoy the song anytime it plays.

Helen: People pay too much attention to the physical. Is that why we have too many bad relationships and disastrous marriages?

Djinee: That’s one of the many reasons. Relationships are seen as businesses nowadays. People x-ray what they can profit from it. Now we are human, we will always falter and just like in companies, erring employees get suspended or sacked, same way relationships end. You dig?

Bimbo: Is it in a man’s DNA to be promiscuous?

Djinee: Promiscuity is no more likened to a particular gender especially with current trends. But it’s neither in any of the genders’ DNAs to be promiscuous.

Nneka: what’s the best way to communicate because I realise me and my boyfriend argue so very often that I’m thinking of just ending the relationship.

Djinee: The problem I see here is that the only time you guys trash out serious issues is when you are angry and arguing. My 2cents? You both should sit together one day when you’re not arguing or angry, maybe over drinks and talk about your issues. It might do well to even write them down. If you really care about each other, you’d wanna correct lovingly.

Lamide: should sex make up for an otherwise dull relationship? My fiancée and I have very little in common except when it comes to great sex. Is that enough reason to stay?

Djinee: As much as great sex is important, it isn’t the only factor. When you realise you can get sex anywhere then you’d have to crave for some other fulfilment. When you are facing the travails of life, great sex won’t fill the void!

Josephine: My friend’s boyfriend is very manipulative and always wants to get his way. He has turned my friend into this zombie! How’s the best way to tell her to dump the douche bag?

Djinee: I usually don’t encourage 3rd parties in relationships, Jo. You might not get the correct picture of things. One thing you need to find out is why your friend is still staying put. Is she gaining one way or the other from the relationship – financially, emotionally, or otherwise? Your friend has to learn to be happy with herself and by herself. Self-reliance is also key. That way a man coming into her life doesn’t feel like he’s ‘God’ breathing life into a ‘worthless’ being. He will see her as someone he can grow with. When you tell her all these, hopefully she’d see the sense. Otherwise it’s really difficult pulling a girl out of a relationship like hers, especially when she feels she’s gaining somehow.

Source

BTW, if it turns out that this is my final blog, with the world ending tomorrow and all - according to the Mayan calendar for those who still haven't heard - let me use this opportunity to say, it's been great knowing you all, and see you on the other side :)




15 comments:

  1. Sure, it is different strokes for different folks. This is a mini picture of life itself, the experiences differ. I also know that what you experience in a relationship has a lot to do with what you want and settle for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally love that "what you experience in a relationship has a lot to do with what you want and settle for".

      Delete
  2. Did he really answer these questions, some are quite insightful though he looks like a ladies man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. World no fit end o! God no go gree! My birthday is on the 23rd! I tire for these Mayans sha, party spoilers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the song "Ego", I used to love that ssong. The guy sounds insightful though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really impressed. Frankly like Anon mentioned above he looks like a ladies man. Seriously never expected such answers. Very insightful and true answers.

    Not to worry Myne, waiting for your post on 22nd. This Mayan ish is just funny. What time zone was used to calculate the end of the world? Cuz tis already 21st here in Naija. Almost mid day or past mid day in some other countries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that Djinee guy sure is cute.(abeg no look at me funny, u all were thinking it too) lol.
    End of the world ke?? i hope you are getting ready to write tmrws post cos im waiting to read oh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't forget that song ego and the guy is cute. I also like what he said, different strokes for different situations n relationships differ. Lol about the end of the world. www.secretlilies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. lool..... @ d last sentence.... makes sense oo his answers...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Respect to Djinee for the real responses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowz! I'm impressed by the insightfulness of his answers. Always had tons of respect for the man.

    Great take. Now, I'm 10 x 2cents richer. *hehehe*

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice one djinee
    http://somewhereinmoscow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some responses are right on point.
    Myne, you touched me deep with that conclusion. Thank God the world didn't end because me? I haven't even started.

    ReplyDelete
  13. is he blogger too,,hhhmmm,wouldnt mind subscribing,heheheheheh,Myne talk to me>>wink<<<<

    ReplyDelete

Click Post a Comment to share your thoughts, I'll love to hear from you. Thanks!

*Comments on old posts are moderated and may take sometime to be shown. That's just because I want to see them and respond to you if necessary.